High Cholesterol Problem - suggestions?

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

I've had high cholestrerol since my 20's....averaged around 225-250. I'm nearing 47 now and I went to the doctor recently and found out its now over 300. They want to put me on Lipitor and I told them no. I want to try healthier eating, exercise and perhaps natural (herbal) supplements.

The doctor was upset at my refusal to take the drugs and told me she wants me to see a cardiologist and have a stress test and possible cardiac catherization. My family has history of high cholesterol (father and sister) so it could be genetic, of which I'm told diet and exercise won't help.

Anyone know how I can lower my cholesterol levels without drugs? As I reach middle age I don't want to become one of those people that are on twenty different drugs. I resent the pharmaceutical industry for luring the general public into thinking they need to buy an expensive pill to fix every ailment, disease or mood swing. Enough said....I don't want to go off on a tangent!

Thanks for any advice, direction or wisdom!

Sandy

This thread has 45 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!