Weight Loss Challange Oct. 8-15

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

My lands, this month will be half over when the week ends. How is that possible? It was the middle of August just a few days ago! LOL

Any of you who are living in Canada, I hope we have lots of lurkers as well as our one member of the group, have a great Thanksgiving Day(weekend). Just remember to fill you plates mostly with veggies and fruits. Raw ones if possible. At least as low fat as possible. Casseroles and other mixed food dishes can be so deceiving. They have hidden fats, salts, sugars, etc. Of course without those hidden ingredients they wouldn't taste as good. But that is beside the point. Our bodies will count those calories even if we don't. Sometimes I take a FiberCon or Metamucil dose maybe 1/2 an hour before the meal to make me feel more full. Gelatin capsules will do about the same thing. The idea is to be feeling as tho you have already eaten before the meal begins and then only eat until you feel satisfied and normally full. A glass of V-8 juice will help too and give you fiber and nutrients at the same time.

No more dinners around here for a few weeks. Maybe not til our Thanksgiving. Our oldest son and his wife may come next weekend but that isn't certain yet. We don't do really big meals when they are here tho. Sometimes I'll put chicken on the grill, etc. and make potato salad.

I did well at the cafe' tonight. I only ate a small bowl of chopped tomatoes with some chopped onions and a little sprinkling of cheese. No toast or gravy at all. Just a couple very short season fries. I ate more of the chicken/brn. rice/peas/soup casserole I made for lunch and took with me to the cafe' for supper just a bit ago. I nuked so Walthan squash for lunch and had that at the cafe' too. I had started Koolaide jell-o with canned peaches and just had some of that for supper too.
I'm still hungry tho. Maybe some chicken breast or some nuked carrots. Raw carrots are hard for me to eat very well. I did eat one mini french mint from Russell Stover. I nearly forgot that slip up.

I need to go check on some other things on line so I''ll close for now. GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 44 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!