Lakeland, Fl. jungle

Lakeland, FL

Hi All, this is my side yard, I think it is time to do some cutting back. Cork

Thumbnail by corky59

Oohh Corky, I love the arch with the roses. What kind of roses are they? I have 2 rose bushes that do really well here. Louis Philipe and Madame Joseph Schwartz. I also have Charisma, but that one is a bit more fuzzy. I just won at a raffle an Australian rose (that's what they called it). So far so good and although it is tiny it has flowered several times already.
Val

Lakeland, FL

On the arch is Blaze it is just coming back out, when I was sick the black spot got to it so I had to cut it way back and spray and dr. it. It is a hardy rose. Cork

I'm going to add that one to the list of wanted plants. It is a beautiful red. Does it get really big? I don't have a big yard, so my roses are grouped in a small plot that gets plenty of sun.

Lakeland, FL

Blaze and Don Juan are climbing roses. Awesome sizes. One good thing tho if limited for room you can keep them pruned and they still bloom. Jackson and Perkins invented them years ago. Cork

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i had Blaze years ago (my one and only rose ever LOL). i loved it and didn't know it would survive here. hmmmm, now you've got me thinking (O NO) LOL. debi

Thanks Corky. I think I'm going to look for it at Jane's Herbs. She probably carries it. I'm enlarging the little plot were my roses are and I would love to add a few more. This one is one of them now. Does it have a fragrance? All the ones I have are fragrant and I just love the smell of roses.
Growing up my mom had a huge rose garden. She probably had 200 plus different varieties. I loved helping her and getting my nose right up to the flowers to take in the scents. Happy childhood memory. Although the weather here is not the most conducive for growing roses, I just had to include them in my yard.

Val

Lakeland, FL

Blaze is the smeller. Smells like a hybrid Tea. I want the Chrysler Imperial. Wahoooooooo

Mmmm, love the hybrid tea smell. Which one is the Chrysler? Will it grow well down here? I'll have to research that one.

Lakeland, FL

It's one of the oldest hybred teas around. Huge blooms go into jackson and perkins website and look it up. www. jackson and Perkins roses. Or, go to goggle and type in old fashioned roses. But first hide credit cards, money, etc. Cork

Thanks Cork, I'll follow your advice LOL. But most likely I'll end up ordering a few, can't help it it's an addiction and I don't know of a cure yet LOL.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Just a ? Corky....you are talking about old roses...any mention anywhere about the beautiful Peace rose that was so popular about 40 years ago? I would think it would be a winner yet today.....

Hap

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.