Would like to see Pics of your greenhouse, : )

Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

I thought it would be a great idea for all of to share pics of our greenhouses. I had a A-frame one but hubby and son are building me a bigger that will have alot of room. So, come on all share your photos. I dont know why mine looks crooked in this pic. lol . Keep watching cuzz I am going to be adding my new GH .
vicki

Thumbnail by vwetzel
Macon, IL(Zone 5b)

My DH, my sister's DH, my sis and I have been working for the past two months on converting an old shed into our greenhouse - we're so proud :o)....Anyway, here' a pic

Thumbnail by kabob
Macon, IL(Zone 5b)

And another....

Thumbnail by kabob
Macon, IL(Zone 5b)

One more - I TOLD you we were proud!!

Thumbnail by kabob
Macon, IL(Zone 5b)

Last one, I PROMISE!!! Karen

Thumbnail by kabob
Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

Oh Wow !!!! You guys have some nice Ghs. I am going to post some pics of the progress we have made yesterday and today,, This one is 12x12.

Thumbnail by vwetzel
Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

another

Thumbnail by vwetzel
Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

My sweet hubby is so proud of this project cuzz he knows it is making me verrrry happy.

Thumbnail by vwetzel
Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

Last one till we start again tomorrow

Thumbnail by vwetzel
Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

Karen
I am so TIRED, working in the sun since about 7 am this morning.
I think what you have done so far is GREAT!!! Why not use what you already have,, we were going to use the A-frame but it was just to complicated so we tore it down and strted new.
vicki

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi vicki

Here is a picture of my greenhouse in winter and in summer....My son in law designed and built it for me, It was not a kit. Its made of redwood and double polycarbinate. I also have an exhaust fan in there as well as a propane heater.. Its 12 x 12 .

Thumbnail by deann
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Vicki

Here is a picture of it in summer time..

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Macon, IL(Zone 5b)

vwetzel and deann - what beautiful greenhouses!! And how lucky are we to have such great DH's and son-in-laws!! Good thread - I LOVE to look at greenhouses!! Karen

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Vicki, Oh, wanted to also tell you I have stone on the floor of my greenhouse, it just makes it easy to keep clean, and water and soil leech much better....never have to sweep it....

Deann

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well we're in the middle of building a GH.
I'll start a thread as I'll need some advice.
It has evolved from this Hoop House.

Needless to say we have a strange sense of humor.
As we had no yard room left.....
this flat roof seemed to be crying out for............

Ric and

Thumbnail by henryr10
Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

Ric
Thats a cool idea, Keep us updated ok on how its going,, Our very try at making a greenhouse was a dog kennal wrapped in Plastic and we hooked a hoop roof up to it with PVC, I liked it but the winter was very hard on the plastic and we had alot of snow and it caved in the PVC pipe after the snow got so heavy on it. I will post a pic of it.
vicki

Thumbnail by vwetzel
Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

another view inside

Thumbnail by vwetzel
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I will start with the oldest.
This was built out of used windows the first time. Originally there was only the front part.
Now the front part is our vegetable washing area. Today I built a homemade walkin cooler/heated storage box deal in there. The cooler was in my shop all summer, it had to go!
The back half of this greenhouse is for perennials.
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This is the cooler/heated storage.
We are going to store our gladiolus bulbs in here for the winter. We will keep it at 40º.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This was our main greenhouse for many years. It has in-ground tomatoes in it now. We used it as an overflow house for annuals this past spring. Next year it will house tomatoes again, plus burpless cucumbers in containers, & something along the one side. Don't know what as of now.
This house is 30x96.
The older wood building in the other photo is 20x88.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Heres the inside. I picked these tomatoes on Tuesday. They look ready to pick again. These plants have been producing since early June. About 100-150 lbs per week. About 95% #1 tomatoes.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Close-up of tomatoes.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

These we built together, so we can move plants from one to the other without going outside. The one to the left is 25x60. To the right is 25x48. Both were purchased used, as was the 30x96.
These two hold all the annuals & baskets & pots.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here is the backside. On the ground is a 22x40 used greenhouse, that we just bought & got home. It will go on the end of the shorter one. We will have roll-up sides on it & grow in-ground veggies in it.
That is the end of the tour of our houses.
Bernie

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

Wow Bernie you are big time, it's great to be able to do what you love the most. My hat's off to you.

Here is a picture of my greenhouse. Or should I say the start of my greenhouse. I have a Rion 8.5 X 12.5. Got it last week and last Friday my DH and BIL got the base all together and we got my strawberry bed moved. Then Sat. morning my DH left for Louisiana for a fishing tournament. He should be home this Sat. and maybe we will be able to get some more done on it. But at lease I have one. I am counting my blessing for that.

Thumbnail by 2pugdogs
Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

looks like they got the hard part done.

Surprise them with an erected GH when they get back .... LOL

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

here is mine total cost 250.00ish all the windows were FREE!!!
this is the back view!!!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

inside view-we made the benches to thanks to horseshoes advice!!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Ours is kind of a small "lean-to" structure adjacent to the south side of the woodshop/garage. The dimensions are 12 x 28 or so. You guys all have great ones!

Here's a pic of the interior with some of the tender plants moved in for the winter frosts. We're getting down into the high 40's at night without any humidity so we decided last week to move stuff in.

Thumbnail by drdon
Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

A pic of the propagation bench. The box is full of a sand/vermiculite mix with heating cables to provide bottom heat to cuttings and seeds/seedlings.

Thumbnail by drdon
Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Here's a pic of it last year just after completion.

Thumbnail by drdon
waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Here's mine.....I know it would work better outside, but the cats love it. LOL Next spring.................

Thumbnail by meezersfive
Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

drdon,
your greenhouse filled out nicely!! Don't you find that you always need more room for your stuff than you have at the moment?

Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

Okay I just have the standard old home made 10 1/2 x 30 hoop house but it works great in my climate and is fairly easy to heat. It is empty right now as I just re-covered it for the winter. The bad part of plastic is the re-covering but it is cheap!

Thumbnail by Tanarae
Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

Okay just one more. Tanarae

Thumbnail by Tanarae
Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

So I lied, this is it I promise.

Thumbnail by Tanarae
Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

LOL Tanna,, the more pics the better,,
I was so tired yesterday after we got done working on the GH that I didnt get any pics,, Then today it has been raining all day,, So as soon as I can get back out there hopefully tomorrow I am going to be taking more pics of our prograss. I love all the ideas and the pics you all posting,, Gives me some ideas of what I want to do with mine. Mine is made of wood and glass and Corragated roof panels.
I am trying to make it look rustic.
I go on freecycle and I got 4 big loads of decking wood,, 2x6s 12ft =30 of them and about the same with 2x10s.
We made a deck out of some and the rest we are making our GH out of.
I would say 3 truck loads of wood from freecycle.
I will post more pics when the rain stops.
vicki

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya RUK,

Yes indeed. We are planning a new one to be built next year. It will be 20x50 and probably stick-built again for durability in our nasty winds. There are so many reasons to have a greenhouse, then when you get one it's never big enough...lol. There are some really great ones being shared here, gives me lots of ideas.

best to you,
don

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I FINALLY got the pictures up (And the Saga behind it) on our newest project.

The porch enclosure should about be finished this weekend.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/549574/#new

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Everyone has done a fabulous job on their greenhouses. What are you heating yours with kabob and deann?
:) Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.