October Daily Weather Indian Summer is here!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It doesn't look like it will get up to 101F, but check out the humidity/dew point.

92°F
UV Index: 6 High
Wind: CALM
Humidity: 7%
Dew Point: 18°F

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Humidity to kill for, here.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

72 degrees, humidity feels like 100%. A grey October day; our parched grounds are waiting for Tammy. NOA Weather bulletin warns of 3-4" or rain or more and small creek flooding.

Darius, we can really use some of the rain.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

I've got a ton of it for you also.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

This storm isn't moveing much - Looks like I'll be flying north in rain and getting there about the same time on Sunday.

Seeds you have water on the way - believe me

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Dyson, where you headed?
;)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Cincinnati - (see I even learned too spell it)!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Hope it moves out when you have had enough, Dyson. We sure need it.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Woo-hoo!!!
Partly Cloudy
76°F (24°C)
Humidity: 47 %
Wind Speed: N 14 G 18 MPH
Barometer: 29.92" (1013.7 mb)
Dewpoint: 54°F (12°C)
Heat Index: 78°F (26°C)

The windows are all open and it feels SO good!!! This would be a perfect day to be at the park, but I forgot to pull the carseats out of DH's car. Bummer. We'll have to go tomorrow instead.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Beautiful fall day here, perfect working-in-the-garden weather this morning and now perfect for walking to the park w/2 grandsons and hanging out there for awhile. Been away for a week or two and was checking for John in this new thread. . . anyone know when he's coming back?

JoanJ-great pics of your fall weather. . . brrrrr.

8-) Janet

85 °F / 29 °C
Clear
Humidity: 19%
Dew Point: 38 °F / 3 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h Variable

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

A beautiful day here in Pa. We have 3 inches of rain by noon - are scheduled for one inch per hour from 5 PM to 9 PM. Weather is warm. Where we normally have rain runoff - it is sinking into the ground. Solid rain all day - what a blessing.

I noticed the flower beds are full of unwanted pop-up seedlings. But all the tulips and daffodils I planted this week will be well watered in.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Back at the lake - still raining - power is out - running on the laptop battery.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

And here we have another beautiful sunne fallday. 50F aand a very soft breeze.
Janett

Well I'm off to Lake City today to a Swap.
It's 75º with a high of 85º.
We got 3" rain thursday night.
Gonna be pretty out today.
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Still Raining - Power Back

Yea, get a snorkel, lol.
sidney

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

61, cool and dry.
trois

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

56', overcast and soggy.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

A chilly, cloudy 45° today in northwest Ohio. I can't believe we haven't had a frost yet. I'm not complaining, though!

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Just woke up (!!!) to sunny skies, 75°, 100% and a high of 90° forecast. This is what passes for the fall of the year here. Looks like everything has grown another foot with all the rain this week. Still not cool enough to plant Impatience, but that day's coming! *smile*
Pati

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Pati, my weeds have grown another foot and I've been waiting or them to just march right off the property. NOt happening LOL so I'm out the door to remove them myself.

Lovely fall day here, bit breezy, up to 20mph, low 49, Hum 33%, Dp 36*, right now it's 70* out and they predict a high of 80*. Perfect.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Big change today. So far it has been cloudy, mild, and humid. My skin and nasal passages appreciate that. I'm sure the plants do, too.

Observed At: Van Nuys, California
62 °F / 17 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 51 °F / 11 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h Variable
UV: 1 out of 16

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I have 5" of rain in the rain bucket from yesterday and today. SStill raining softly, 59 degrees, a bit windy. We have had no run-off yet but are scheduled for showers until Tuesday. My morning glories have burst into beautiful blue flowers.

I bet those MGs are pretty se_eds.
It's 76º and WU says
71 °F / 22 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 69 °F / 21 °C
Wind: Calm
Pressure rising.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Finally. 53 degrees this morning, and clear. Light wind. 83 predicted for high.

Wow, I forgot what 53 feels like, except for visits to the grocery store. Need to have long sleeves for trips there.
Sidney

There's one less we have to worry about....HOORAY!!!

BULLETIN
SUBTROPICAL DEPRESSION TWENTY-TWO ADVISORY NUMBER 3
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
11 PM EDT SAT OCT 08 2005

...DEPRESSION DISSIPATING SOUTHEAST OF BERMUDA...

SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT THE DEPRESSION IS DISSIPATING SOUTHEAST OF BERMUDA.

THIS IS THE LAST PUBLIC ADVISORY ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER ON THIS SYSTEM.

Pati

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Pati, looks like we don't have to worry about TS Vince either.

Quoting:
...20TH NAMED STORM OF THE SEASON FORMS IN AN UNUSUAL LOCATION... IN
THE FAR EASTERN ATLANTIC SOUTHEAST OF THE AZORES AND CLOSE TO THE MADEIRA ISLANDS...

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

LOL Darius...I was going to ignore that one all together! That close to Europe and heading NE, I think they have more to worry about than us.
Pati

LOL, I agree, but it just makes me think we need to be On Alert for WILMA!

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

If we get it up here then its only gonna come as very Windy or a normal storm. our waters are much to cold to create your Tropical storms or hurricanes.......so far.
Janett

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Just got into Cincinnati this morning .... and how come no one warned me that it was already winter here?

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

49 degrees this AM. Over 6" of rain this weekend no run off. Creeks and stream in my area are maybe 6" higher, the rain soaked in! High today of 61degrees.

Did get everything limed ( necessary cause I use a lot of peat moss) and got all the bulbs covered with mulch too!. Soon time to start finishing off the garden for the winter.

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Finallllly feels like Fall.
59°F
Feels Like
59°F
Updated Oct 10 08:25 a.m. ET
UV Index: 0 Low
Wind: From WNW at 1 mph
Humidity: 95%
Pressure: 29.89 in.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

62' and overcast

On the Olympic Penin, WA(Zone 9a)

Here on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula it is:
43*
50 RH
overcast
calm

It's 82° now, but the heat index is 91°. Put that with humidity at 84% and you have another hot, muggy day. *sigh* No Impatience planting today.
Pati

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Another good fall harvest day in the San Joaquin Valley: rice, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, grapes for wine and raisins, olives, late peaches, nectarines, Asian pears, pomegranates, quince, canteloupe, honeydew, squash & eggplant, to name a few.

55 °F Clear
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 46 °F
Wind: Calm

My God, WHAT's going on with weather? Just here in the US (besides the recent hurricanes), now 2 to 4 feet of snow in Colorado (with power outages and interstates closed); heavy rain, flooding in NH killing quite a few and houses falling down the mountains; still hot and steamy in the South for the hurricane victims.

Then worldwide.... the horror in Pakistan, and in Guatemala.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Look on Weather Underground at the Jet stream. Very strange.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.