October Daily Weather Indian Summer is here!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

It is sunny 80º and gorgeous outside this morning, if you can wade through the 80% humidity. Keep us up to date on how it is where you are. Here's a bit of my front strip this
morning. I also have 5 out of 10 Brugs blooming right now.
Sidney
PS I sure miss John!

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

53' here this morning with clear skies. What a relief from the heat!

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Hey Sugar......I'll drink to a hurricane free month!!
Pati

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

We're enjoying a perfect fall weekend here!

At 10:00:

63 °F / 17 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 57 °F / 14 °C
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.31 in / 1026 hPa

Rest of Today:
Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds up to 5 mph increasing to around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Hum 45 D 34 Lo 66 Hi 86
at 8:45 it's 68* out - with a low of 66* a DP of 34* and Hum at 45%
expectd high today - 86*

A beautiful fall day, all doors and windows still hanging open. /;-)~

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful fall weather here in Pa. That 1/2" of rain was a big help. It is 85 degrees today, sunshine and October blue skies. The local weather station says this has been the second driest summer on record.

We are thankful for what we got. Still had plenty of produce from the garden, my lillies are growing and I didn't have as many weeds to pull as I did last year.

In view of what others have gone thru, we are blessed.
Claire

Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

It was in the low 60's today, and we had clouds most of the day. It is now just after 8:00 p mn and it is raining. After all the heat and dryness we had this summer, the rain the last couple of days is a welcome relief. If I look outside in the darkness, I would almost expect to see the plants in a celebration party. LOL Dotti

Cloudy, 78.8 °F dew point, 74 °F 86% NE at 1 mph Expecting to get an hourly shower all day. My yard loves it.
sidney

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Tremendous wind from the south all night - got me up to check on noises several times. Still blowing today, but now having some spaces of calm in btween. Nothing but extreme weather anymore.

Anybody we know get that 12" of rain in Kansas? love that the emergency coordinator said: "Who PLANS for this kind of rain?" LOL

Now 81* -- Hi 89* Low 7?* Hum 16% Dp34*

I miss JOHN too. we need his encouragement. look I faithfully put in DP

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Here we go again, maybe.

1154 AM PDT MON OCT 3 2005

...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON FOR STRONG WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITIES..

AREAS OF NORTH WINDS INCREASING TO 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 50 MPH
CAN BE EXPECTED LATE TONIGHT. CONDITIONS WILL FIRST BE OBSERVED
ALONG THE INTERSTATE 5 CORRIDOR AND THEN SPREAD TO OTHER AREAS ON
TUESDAY. HUMIDITIES WILL LOWER WITH TIME TO READINGS BETWEEN 10 AND
15 PERCENT.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

We had winds from the south at 30+ mph all night and we are lucky, all that it brought is really warm temps and sand in the air. Wishing those firefightin' guys the best of luck. ~Blooms

This fire danger map is always of interest to me at this time of year. http://www.fs.fed.us/land/wfas/fd_class.gif How we can have the same fire danger as Lousiana/Mississippi is beyond me, though.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

We have a very mild fall here. the sun is shining and its about 50 F and no wind.
Janett

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful weather in the low 80's today. Planted 68 daffodils, ground is dry as a bone. Some moisture 4" down. I have one more row to go and they are getting planted rain or no rain. The weather man says maybe some rain on Saturday for the Penn State Football game.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

52' here this AM. Some sun coing through a clearing mist.

Cloudy, 70º, on and off showers all day.
Sidney

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Still waiting for a cool down. Night temps are still mid 70s. Not quite as hot, only low 90s for daytime. Every week they say "cool down thursday". We hope.

Looked out the window this AM and it looked like it was going to snow! Overcast, dreary, windy. Opened the door and the wet heat almost knocked me over. This is what the weather people said, part of the tropical low off Puerto Rico:

"Through 1030 am...scattered showers will move rapidly west at 40 mph from the Atlantic. The showers will move onshore and produce occasional squalls with brief heavy rain and wind gusts of 35 to 40 mph along the coast. The showers will move well inland...accompanied by heavy rainfall and wind gusts to 30 mph."

Pati

LOL, Trois, the weather is a never ending adventure for sure. I've really missed your post. So glad you & DW got thru Rita.
I'm planting tomato and peppers for fall production. Hasn't been cool enough to set blooms until now.
Sidney

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Welcome back Pati its good to "see" you again. Hope all your tests went well.
Her we had another sunny fallday with absolutly no wind. hope this wether stays.
Janett

Chat-room tonight Janett, opens in a little over 7 hrs.
Sidney

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Grey pre-winter day here in Pa. Temps in the mid 60's. Perfect working weather. Got the last of the daffodils planted. We are still eating peppers and tomatoes out of the garden.

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Our weather lately has confirmed suspicions, Mother Nature really is going thru menopause.

Today it is 87* for the high.

Wed willl start with our high of 77* in the am, then drop to 44* by sunset. Colder thru friday with a hard frost expected, then back up to the 70's by Sunday.

Hot flashes, cold sweats, temper tantrums. Oy!

mg

LOL @ mg. What a perfect description!!!
Pati

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Hey I slept loooooooooong morning today ahum more like to early afternoon, any guesses why. :0)

That is such a perfect description mg! LOL
;)

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Off and on showers this morning. All set for the afternoon stream bath.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Trois, thing is did they say WHICH Thursday?? ROFL

Janett, my guess is that you were out late making WHOOPIE!, or it was one of those cool, snuggle-down mornings.
Pati

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

It is always "this thursday" . I just don't know what that means. Kind of like Dw telling me to turn right at the next intersection, so I turn at the first one I come to, and so, it has always been wrong, it was the one after the one we are almost to.

LOL, trois

This message was edited Oct 4, 2005 2:29 PM

This message was edited Oct 4, 2005 2:45 PM

Windy but still nice.

Observed At: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
75 °F / 24 °C
Clear
Humidity: 16%
Dew Point: 26 °F / -3 °C
Wind: 14 mph / 22 km/h from the North
Wind Gust: 26 mph / 43 km/h
Pressure: 29.84 in / 1010 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 7 out of 16

Thumbnail by Kelli
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

I wish, lol but in fact I stayed up to 3 am so I would sleep long and the fact that it was such a morning you could snuggel up due to fog in the morning.
I want to be awake the whole chat time (smiling) so I dont fall asleep aaaaand fall off the chair during the chat. hehe see you soon

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I can go to sleep and fall off my chair at any time.
We are at 27 feet elevation, wind basically East, 0 gusting to 25, with scattered showers. 92 degrees, feels like 105. A normal day for this time of year.
trois

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

We started out with the winds again, gusting to 30mph, -- not a day to have the metal roofing sheets delivered, they have to be unloaded a sheet at a time and are really long. So DS decided to go on to the next step... emptying the mudroom to lay the vinyl flooring in there.

So of course the wind FIANALLY brought the front and the rain. So mad dash to cover and retrieve the shelves and drawers that shouldn't get wet.

Mother Nature in another snit. thanks a bunch.
So our lovely 74* has dropped to 54* the cold front got here.
Hum up to 46% - well, it is raining ever so slightly out there. so far a tenth of an inch.

Red Flag Warning - Oooo!

...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM PDT WEDNESDAY
FOR STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITIES..

AREAS OF NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS OF 20 TO 30 MPH ARE OCCURRING
WITH LOCALLY HIGHER GUSTS OVER 45 MPH BELOW PASSES AND CANYONS.
HUMIDITIES ARE STILL LOWERING WITH READINGS NOW IN THE TEENS AND
20S. THESE CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE REST OF TODAY..
TONIGHT...AND INTO WEDNESDAY. OVERNIGHT HUMIDITY RECOVERIES WILL
BE POOR.

A RED FLAG WARNING MEANS THAT CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE
OCCURRING. A COMBINATION OF STRONG WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY
WILL CREATE EXPLOSIVE FIRE GROWTH POTENTIAL. PLEASE ADVISE THE
APPROPRIATE OFFICIALS OR FIRE CREWS IN THE FIELD OF THIS RED FLAG
WARNING.

I started reading this update, heard thunder, and made a mad dash for clothes on the solar drier. Looks like they will have to go into a drier. I'll do several loads and take them to the comercial driers.
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sidney please send me a pic of your SOLAR dryer

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

LOL, Dyson... it's a clothesline!

Arroyo Grande, CA

Been on hiatus. No fog for a coupla days. Quite warm and windy, good weather for fires.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

We are getting our first snowfall. Started late this afternoon, but it mostly melted off until dark, when it started to stick to the ground and accumulate. We've got almost an inch on the ground now and they are predicting 6-8 inches by Wed. night.

The only redeeming factor in this, is that it most likely will melt off fast when it warms up again, and there's lots of much needed moisture in it.

If it wasn't so dark outside, I'd post a picture.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.