Chewing ugly bugs on my cannas

Lakeland, FL

Well after using every thing from soup to nuts I finally found a safe spray for the darling ugly leaf chewers. Would u believe Pepper spray.? Look it up in Daves there is a recipe. Easy to make add dish soap so it stays on the leaves and the little darling caterpillars just vanish. I need info on grub bait to for oleander caterpillars. I used a commercial bait twice this year and the oleander caterpillar et my passion vines-- the bait I used said it took care of them but I think they loved it. Cork

Casselberry, FL(Zone 9b)

Corky,

Do you think the pepper spray will take care of grasshoppers, too? I thought my DH got a little power tool hungry with the trimmer but after taking a good look, it was definitely grasshoppers. Caterpillars leave "evidence" and they hang around, but all I have are some chewed up leaves.

Thanks, Ana

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

corky, what kind of cat bait are you using? i've always used BT and never had a problem with oleander cats or any others, when using it. debi

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Do Oleander cats become butterflies? or moths? Doesn't the plant come back going bonkers?
Just wondering?
:)

Lakeland, FL

oleander cats can strip a huge mandevilla in one day. if no oleanders around they go after the next plant and that's usually vines etc. a small infestation wouldn't be a problem but- I had them every where after using ortho slug and caterpillar bait the plant guru here says they r devepling a resistance to ortho so to switch. so I did I went w/ some agro brand stuff so we shall see. Cork

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

That's an idea, do you think the pepper spray would work on grasshoppers?

Cyberageous has a terrible problem with grasshoppers out in the everglades. Wouldn't that be a wonderful fis for them?

Molly
:^)))

Lakeland, FL

Molly--- Yuppers I researched this spray awesome stuff!! xoxoxoxo, Me

Marilynne,

Can you help? I put pepper spray in the search under recipes. It came up with 20+ pages to look in. I think it pulled every thread that contained the word pepper, like that's every recipe that isn't dessert.

Molly

Lakeland, FL

go to www.pallensmith.com the recipe is in there. xoxoxoxo , me

Thanks Marilynne, I've sent it on to Carol.

Molly

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.