Dumpster Diving Diva / Clepto tee shirts

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

If anyone wants to use this art work for a tee shirt, just let me know. Some research has to be done about where to get it printed, what format they need the artwork in, what is the best method to do it, etc.

This is a picture of Hanna wearing the handmade tee from the Castro Valley Round up. I had a ball making it for her, and more fun with her face when I gave it to her. This tee would be slightly different from the computerized version.

There are several versions:

1. With and without an 'ahem' leaf on it, it's almost completely hidden in the back, you almost have to know its there to see it.

2. The writing on the dumpster can say anything you want, but the few that are done already are:

Dave's Cleptos
Dave's Cleptos (Dealers in Fine Garbage and Gardens)
Dave's Cleptobotanical Dumpster Diving Divas
Dumpster Divin' Diva

Whoever is interested, let me know. I can send whichever file you prefer.

Thumbnail by ladyannne
Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

One of the dumpster, sans the special leaf

Thumbnail by ladyannne
Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Another version with extra leaf

Thumbnail by ladyannne
Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

LOL LOL, I love my T-shirt so much, what a big surprise that was!!!!!!!!!
I almost fell over, Ladyannne is a wonderful gal, It was so nice of her to get on the bus again and playing with plants dug from our garden and others!!!! the RU was great, so funny to hear things like, ya that's the one I clipped in Joe's yard, or the hospital, etc, LOL LOL!!!
I really like the second one!!! It really expresses what we do! So many of us out there, amazing isn't it, I still meet folks all the time that do what we do!!!!!!
Annie

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

One more

Thumbnail by ladyannne
Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Last one

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Whoops.

Thumbnail by ladyannne

I'll have to pass on anything with the word clepto in it becaue my poor husband might flip out but the "ahem" leaf would be ok either way as it is doubtful any of my friends or relatives would know what it was so what ever is easiest for you. I like the plain old Dumpster Divin' Deva.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

My fav is Dumpster Divin' Diva and I like the extra leaf... makes balance better.
Lurkin' as usual, ~B looms

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

OHMIgoodness, I thought that was a Hibiscus cannibu

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey, Blooms! Good to see you!!! Send me your reg email address in DG mail (or to Anne at packrat-pro.com) and I will send off the original file in jpg format. Equal, you, too, I can't find your reg snail mail address anywhere.

Has anyone done any research on what format these should be in? Dee had posted a link to an online tee shirt company (in the Seed Snatching IV thread) where you can order just one tee and send them the artwork...that might be the best bet.

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

I went over to the link Dee sent [HYPERLINK@www.cafepress.com] and this seems to be the easiest. The tees are $15 to $17, white, green and peach or something, you can load jpgs but png's are recommended, meaning I have some work to do. I send the files to you, you upload them to cafepress and order your tee shirt.

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

ladyanne and Annie...that is where I had my DG shirt made too! They do a good job and I don't think you can do better even locally! After you order they send you and friends e-mails with a coupon for your next order of over a certain amount.

Your shirt looks great! Is it a transfer or hand painted?

Margie

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Margie, the one I gave Hanna was hand painted. The computerized version is hand done based on my flower photos. I am redoing it a bit larger and in a png format, and if you have some great flower shots, I would not mind adding them!!

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

I have some good flower shots! Mostly daylilies and brugs! Send me your e-mail address and I will send some to you!

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

I can't use a brug, bummer. Daylilies would be great. Thinking of how I could work a brug in there.....have anything with a stalk of flowers for the background, sticking up behind everything else?

Anne @ packrat-pro.com

Thanks, Margie!!!

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

ladyanne: One tiny suggestion? Kleptomaniac is spelled with a "K", not a "C". (Ducking head so she misses me!!!) LOL

LUV YA!!!

Marilyn

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Marilyn, I dont know how how the C in Clepto started, it was one of the threads when we were coming up with the names. WEREN'T MY FAULT, lololol.....

Whack.....

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

You could just change all the "C"s to "K"s, e.g., Klepto Khoir. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE Then "Choir" would be misspelled, but it would be obvious that it was on purpose! LOL

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Shoot I thought the C was on purpose so there... thought it apt

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Incase you didn't see the photo of Anne giving Annie her shirt!

Photo not mine...by pudgemudpies...

Thumbnail by picturelady
San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

And again...when Annie first recieved it...

My photo...

Thumbnail by picturelady
SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, then THAT's the way to go!!!! Just tell anyone who asks that THAT one (the "Clepto") was on purpose!! Looks better with "C"s rather than "K"s anyway!!

Sorry to jump in here - hanna never told me about this hilarious thread before (we've become friends in the last several months), and I just met ladyannne on Saturday at the N. Calif. RU in Castro Valley where she presented hanna with her marvelous T-Shirt. Isn't she wonderful too? I think the whole concept is magnificent, and I want one too!!! But of course hanna has the first, and original, one!!

Here's my dumpster diving story: One grocery store at which I shop is in a shopping complex, and there are dumpsters out back. I knew they put cardboard boxes in a certain dumpster. One day I needed some boxes, so went to the dumpster to see what they had. Lo and behold, instead of boxes it was completely empty EXCEPT for two FULL boxes. Each box held a complete set of Pfaltzgraf dinnerware for eight!!! Clearly marked at $115.00 on each of the boxes!!! I thought someone had thrown them out because they had been dropped and the dinnerware broken, but NOOO!!! When I fished out the boxes (they were very heavy) and examined them, they looked brand new!! Needless to say, I put them in the back of my van and got out of there quick! I then looked at the stores to see if any of them could possibly be selling Pfaltzgraf. There were small restaurants, a laundry, a sewing machine place, vet clinic, dollar store, etc. there - no one who would be selling this stuff. I even checked with the grocery store management, and they told me they weren't selling or promoting the dinnerware. When I got home I examined the dinnerware, and nothing was broken. There wasn't even a scratch on any piece. I think someone put the boxes in the dumpster because they "fell off the back of a truck" and they were going to come back and get them. Boy, were they in for a surprise!! I kept both boxes until I found someone who really needed dinnerware, then gave them away.

Marilyn

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Boy do I love that story.. especially the part about giving them awayLOL

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

It was the right thing to do. I didn't need them, but I sure wasn't going to let someone reap the rewards of their thievery either. Wish I'd been able to see their face(s) when they found that dumpster empty!!!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

OH MY GOSH!! I am so thrilled that I found this thread!!!!!!! I have found Kindred spirits!! I am the Local Dumpster Diving Diva and I must have a shirt (without the leaf!!) :) Can I please get info on getting tha art so I can send it in pretty please?? I will post a picture of me in it!! and maybe some of me reaching into the trash for plants!!

I post on The seed snatchers thread regularly and all my stories are there. Check it out for pictures of my hauls. .. and this is all plants too! No dishes yet!! However, a friends husband does know where "open" dumpsters are with good stuff and he regularly gets great stuff out of them... I've been meaning to go, but haven't yet...l Too many plants, not enough time. !! :)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/542423/#new

My latest from the trash....

Susan

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
Willamette Valley-OS, OR(Zone 8a)

My Goodness this Soul-Girl Needs a T-Shirt...
She Has Her Own Transportation and...
If Anyone Gets in Her Way from the Escape...
"She'll Mow 'Em Down"!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

:) !!!! That's right!!! No stoppin me!!

Susan

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Ladyanne...I tried to send you some photos, but I kept getting a unable to deliver message!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

UHH OHHHHHH Is LadyAnne not here any longer?? Ughhh.. I need that t-shirt!! :)

Susan

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Susan...Yes, I am sure Ladyanne is still here, it is just that her e-mail and mine couldn't make contact! Maybe I was trying to send too big a attahment!

I am sure you will beable to get your shirt! I didn't mean to scare you!

Margie

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Great!! :)

Susan

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Great graphics!

For anyone with a color printer, I've had really good luck with the Epson iron-on transfer paper. I did a simple quilt for my brother's first kid and used these transfers for some graphics... 3 kids and many washes later, and the graphics still look OK!

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Sorry for the delay, guys. I had to take off to help out my mum in late Sept, the wind took my car door out of whack and my computer died. Thank God for back ups. I should get my computer back this weekend,thanks to my geek hacker son, it will be updated and faster than the speed of light. Then I can down load all the wonderful flower pics Picture Lady sent me, finish the dumpster and send it to whom ever wouls like it!!!!

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Ladyanne...I would love to see it again after the photos that I sent are added! I kept getting messages back that they could not be sent! Glad to hear that you were able to get them!

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

I spoke too soon, Margie. Sniff. I had saved your mail just before the crash and today they were all 'empty' - I should have looked at them before and then I would have been able to tell you then none of them worked. Wonder why? I have been shooting lots of pics and do have more now, but if you figure out why they did not work and can send them again, I would love it! I should get my computer back on Sunday. HURRAY!!!!

Vegas,NV Filbert, SC(Zone 7b)

Ladyanne, welcome back, I hope Mum is better with the help you gave to her. I am sorry to hear of your computer problems, I seem to suffer from them regularly too so you have company in the frustration realm.

I will patiently be waiting for the file. But don't stress any on my behalf.

Casey

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad your back LadyAnne! I'd love to have the file when your ready. :)

Susan

Kernersville, NC(Zone 7a)

so, what's the leaf?

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Butter queen, think of the sixties....lolol! We bad.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.