Annie's Annuals Fall Party & 30% off til 12/31/2005

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

A trip to Richmond can be expensive because of Annie's diverse set of plants, but it is well worth the visit. Even better through the rest of the year with 30% off http://anniesannuals.com/events/05/05fall/fallparty.htm
How about a mini DG meet there on Sat or Sun?

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Count me in!!!! Right now it doesn't matter which day.

Marilyn

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

This Sat. we have our Greater Bay Area Daylily meeting in San Jose. Margie, Tracy & I are attending (any ne else inetrested, let me know.) Would love to got Sunday but usually it's too packed there during this event. I prefer during the week or even another weekend when you can easily find staff or even sometimes Annie and ask questions or get help finding something.

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

I'm there!! Just let me know what day. It doesn't matter which day for me as well.

Marylin...this way I can get that cooler from ya. Thanks for taking care of it. I know you all had limited room with all your plants. And here I bring a small flat LOL...next year though....going to have a bit more to share!

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Great, lisa. One of us will get your cooler to you!

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Looks like I am gonna get to hitch a ride with Lisamr, she is such a sweetie to invite me along!, so YIPPIEEE!, another road trip & chance to see my new friends. I think that my lawnchair is living with Lisa's ice chest, so whoever is bringing it, can they bring my chair? Looking forward to this, I have drooled over Annies Annuals site so many times, to think I will actually get to go is so thrilling to me.
Looking forward to seeing you all again,
Donna

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Not true. Hanna has your chair; I have Lisa's cooler. But we'll get them together before the weekend! Hanna will probably be at Annie's too. Wish we knew who left the red tablecloth. Any ideas?

Marilyn

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

Yes...Jerodsmom left the red tablecloth. She is out of town until Wednesday or she's leaving on Wednesday?? she posted about it somewhere LOL. Sorry...just getting excited about Annies Annual Fall Party.

Really Calif_sue...that packed??? I fully agree with you on finding staff...amongst other things when it's too crowded like that. I was hoping we could all go Saturday....because I figured it would be kinda crowded. But you all (Calif_sue, Margie, & Tracy) are going to the Daylily meeting....I really want to do it all LOL!!

If anyone has suggestions about this weekend...feel free to jump in. I'm open all weekend to do whatever. DH bought a new dirtbike...so he's really hoping for a kitchen pass this weekend LOL!!

Saturday 10am...would be my choice. BUT I'm very flexible.....

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Saturday is fine with me, but it sounds like Sue, Margie and Tracy COULD go if we went on Sunday. Am I understanding you correctly, Sue? I can go either day.

I actually LIKE going to Annie's when it's crowded. Her events are a LOT of fun, and there are many activities throughout the day. She usually has extra staff to help out, whereas on a regular day there are few staff there. But if we show up at 10am, we should be able to get in there before it gets crowded, especially Sunday.

I vote for 10am Sunday.

Ohhhh, you are sooo tempting me. I just went 2 weeks ago and even had the 30% off coupon in the car 'cause I didn't read the date correctly. I still managed a tray full!
But I could always find more, maybe I could actually stick to the wish list I have on Annie's, yeah right!

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh, c'mon, Sue! You can DO IT!!! You don't want to waste that 30% off coupon, do you? BTW: Did you get that coupon at Annie's? Maybe I could run down and pick some up if they have any left. Boy, can you see all of us at 10am on the dot, running to the entrance of Annie's, 30% off coupons held in our tight little fists? YEEAAAAAHHHH!!

Wish list? What wish list? Did I have a wish list? Is that anything like the grocery list that I also said I'd stick to? HEHEHE

The coupon is in the first post, good thru end of the year so NO WAY would I waste it even if I don't go this weekend.
Go to her main website and on the right is a link to wish list. http://www.anniesannuals.com/default2.asp
Register, spend an enjoyable evening going thru A-Z from the plant list, adding anything that you HAVE to have on the wish list. If it's not available now, you get an email when it becomes available. How handy is THAT??!! I love trying new things and Annie's descriptions, well, you know, you just want to try them all!
For instance, I just have to have this annual when it becomes available in the spring.
Polygonum orientale “Kiss-Me-Over-The-Garden-Gate” (link may not take you to the description) It is in full bloom right now in a large pot right by the entrance, on the left as you walk in.
http://www.anniesannuals.com/signs/list/parent_redirect.htm

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh, yeah!! I saw that weekend before last when I was at Annie's. Didn't know what it was, and forgot to look.

Thanks for the info. I didn't go far enough into the link PotEmUp provided to see that. But then again sometimes I'm just blind anyway. LOL

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

Sunday sounds great to me!

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm confused! (big surprise, huh? LOL) Are we supposed to print out a coupon to take with us?

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

I don't know. I think I'm confused again, but that's nothing new. LOL I looked CLOSELY at Annie's website that PotEmUp provided above, and it doesn't say you have to print out the website page which has the 30% off notice. Wouldn't hurt, though, don't you think? Anyone else have an opinion?

Either or, up to you. They are pretty good about giving you the sale so I don't see why not having one would matter.

San Jose, CA

I so wish I could come, but I can't make it either day. Sorry, guys. I hope I'll get up to Annie's later in the fall.

OK, since I will be at the daylily meeting Sat., I really can't make it to the Sunday event. Don't want to make family mad. I'll just sneak off during the week sometime later.

San Lorenzo, CA

I wish I could go with you, but its that time of year and our calendar is full. Beware of being at Annie's with other DG'ers--I went with Hanna1 and we both ended up spending a lot more than either of us would have if we had gone alone. Better take a Designated Driver to pull you out of there in case you absolutely lose control.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

So sorry you guys can't come. Would love to see you again. Hope it won't be too long.

LOL ms._mensch!!!! Know exactly what you mean.

So, PotEmUp, where are we re what day and who's coming?

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

Looks like Sunday morning is it. Maybe we can get some of those big yellow wheel boots and lock up anyone's wagon who seems to be out of control.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

I am coming with Lisamr, I am thrilled to finally get to go to Annies, I have drooled over her website many times. LOL You have good ideas George. :~)

San Jose, CA

I'm sure you all will want to go back again later in the year. If I find a day that's good to go, I'll post here and see if anyone's up for another trip.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Count me in!!

Good idea Tracy, I am better for a mid week visit.

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

OK, since I have the lawnchair, guess I must go! How can I resist, right????
But, put blindfolds on me, cause I am such a plant addict as you know!!!
Annie

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

OF COURSE you must go!! HEHEHEHEHEHE!!! You just can't resist, can you Annie? LOL

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

Calif_sue I totally understand about family. The day of the RU was a nephews b-day. He turned 2...he's so precious...ok ok to the point. Had to make sure I wasn't upsetting my sister by going. Especially since I made such a stink about family being at my daughters 16th b-day LOL

That would be great Tracy....do some plant shopping maybe lunch afterwards, I would love to meet you all during the week...just plan a date and I will make it. Some of the plants I have on my wishlist at Annies Annuals site aren't available yet. So this would be a great opportunity to check it out...or pick up what is available at the time.

When I went about 3 weeks ago, I came with my wish list that only had 2 plants available. Didn't have any problem adding more! I only meant to spend about 1 hr there but that turned into 2. It's just so interesting reading all the descriptions. If you can go thru the list of plants online ahead of time, all you have to do it look at their binder at the entrance that will give you the location of the plants you want. That's one way to stick to the list. But that's like taking your shopping list to the grocery store when you're hungrey, HA, not easy to just stick to the list!

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

LOL@grocery store...I'm good as long as I stay away from the bakery!! LOL I have a lot to learn about plants. I've basically stuck to plants that attract hummingbirds....but it's hard to just stick to one thing...especially since I've been lurking in the brugmansia forums...and now the vines and climbers...my list has now become something distorted like the list Santa would be holding....goes on for miles!! LOL

Lisa, you can go totally ga-ga there if it's hummingbird attracting plants you want. And vines, wowzer they have many I never even heard about. Or frangrant plants, mmmmm.
Also check Annie's favorites lists.
http://www.anniesannuals.com/special_pgs/favs/default.asp

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

LOL not sure I should thank you for that link Calif_Sue......going to have to leave all manner of credit/debit cards behind...and just take the amount of cash I'm allowed to spend LOL Actually...thanks for the link!! :-)

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey, I was just browsing through Annies perennials and after having 17 plants on my list and up to $117, I thought I might inquire whether or not most of her plants are in the 4" pots that are the 30% off. LOL I am pretty sure that the answer is going to be no, but I am trying to optimistic. LOLOLOL

yes, they only sell in 4" pots. The price online is much higher than going there. Annuals $3, perennials $4, rares $5.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Totally cool!!! Thanks Sue, you made my day. :~)

Glad to oblige! he he he

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Annie, how can you expect this pack of enablers to hold you back? LOL.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Yeah, if any you are counting on ME to be your voice of reason, your in trouble. I will be the one with glazed eyes waving my credit card & screaming MINE! ALL MINE! lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.