Voodoo Tree?

Lakeland, FL

Well this fella has just been hanging around for four months now. I hope next year to get blooms. Cork

Thumbnail by corky59
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i think that it is really nice looking even without blooms!!! debi

Sunset Beach, NC(Zone 8a)

Cork, what a co-o-ol looking tree? Is it really a tree or is it more like a shrub? What kind of flowers does it get?

Lakeland, FL

It is a voodoo lily. go into daves garden and research it. Cork

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Hey, Corky. I bought a voodoo lily at Lowe's a while ago. It is an attractive plant, oddly shaped, even when not in bloom.

My plant went into what I hope is a dormant state soon after I bought the plant. Does your plant stay green throughout the seasons? If so, I'll have to wait until next year to see if my plant returns and see what happens here with it.

Jeremy

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

Corky - is your plant in the ground or in a pot? I have one that is in a pot and was doing well and all of a sudden turned yellow and is now looking real bad. Maybe I should have planted or will transplant to the ground.

Lakeland, FL

They do go dormant, I am surprised mine hasn't yet. It will wither and disappear. It usually is up out of the ground here by early as March and late as May. Mine is in the ground and they are supposed to multply. I love watching them when they unfurl and grow. Thanks, Cork.

Alva, FL(Zone 9b)

WAS THIS ONE OF THE ONES WE GOT AT THE LAST ROUNDUP? MINE JUST ''DISAPPEARED''

Lakeland, FL

bmwrx yup-- all of a sudden it appeared.

Orlando, FL

I have had these plants and never seen any of them bloom. I usually pull them up and throw them away. Cant seem to get rid of them as they keep coming up yr after yr. If anyone wants some just send me postage and I will send you one. Fran

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

The corm/plant needs to be a few years old before it sends up a bloom.

I grow it just for the neat looking tree.You can cut the bloom off if it is too stinky for ya.

They do go dormant in the Fall.

These are baby Amorphophallus AKA Voodoo Lily

Thumbnail by scooterbug

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.