los altos plant swap

San Jose, CA

here's the info for the los altos fall plant exchange:
=======================================
The next exchange will be held on Saturday, October 1 from 10:00 AM until 12:00 noon in the Hillview Community Center parking lot (97 Hillview Avenue, off San Antonio Rd, Los Altos). Please bring your extra seedlings, plants, bulbs, and small shrubs and trees or anything else garden-related and take home something new in exchange. Please label all plants. If you don't know the name of the plant, list useful characteristics, e.g. flower color, sun or shade, water requirements. Please don't bring privet. We have found that it is usually left over at the end and we have to carry it away to the dumpster. You are welcome to post a note at the exchange saying you have some to give away in case someone wants it. This event is sponsored jointly by the Los Altos Recreation Department and the Garden Club of Los Altos .

Please note that the exchange will start at 10AM. The exchange will be held rain or shine.

If you are interested in the Garden Club of Los Altos plant sale, it will be held on Tuesday September 27 from 11:30 AM to 12:45PM in the grassy area between the upper and lower parking lots of Christ Episcopal Church, 1040 Border Road, Los Altos. It is open to anyone and you will find a lot of interesting plants at reasonable prices.
==========================================

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I love the part about not bringing privets. I hate the little things. I have forests of them crop up under my redwood trees every year because the birds sit there and pass the seeds on. This year - I'm sorry but it's going to be preemergent time.

I cut down the two privet street trees I had for the same reason. Luckily I live in the county and no one could object. Now there are two Japanese Maples there. Privets are just weeds with trunks.

But I don't have any opinions. :-)

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

Doss - Weeds with trunks, roots and LOTS OF SEED!!!!!!

Arrgh, what a rotten plant, and even worse when it is in the neighbors yard, right next to the fence.

But, like you I have no opinions, and I love all plants. Although, some doe better in the compost pile. ;-}

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

I couldn't make this year's plant swap in Los Altos. I have been going the last few years and I love it. Everyone is so nice and happy to share their knowledge. Maybe I'll see you at their spring swap!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.