surplus seed

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

I have just about finished collecting seeds from my garden. I send most to the North American Rock garden Society seed exchange and the Ontario Rock Garden Society exchange but I few surplus ones if anyone is interested. First come first serve. I'll try to stretch them out as best I can. They are primarily rock garden plants. Here's the list:

Pulsatilla alpina ssp. apiifolia
Pulsatilla albana 'Lutea'
Allium angulosum
Allium splendens
Allium senescens
Eryngium alpinum
Daphne mezereum 'Bowles White'
Incarvillea mairei ssp. grandiflora
Anemone altaica
Lychnis flos-jovis 'Nana'
Aquilegia flabellata
Potentilla villosa

Let the fun begin!

Todd

Keene, NH(Zone 5a)

Todd- I certainly would love any of these- but I don't need to be greedy- perhaps three choices of great zone 5 plants, your choice (small amout of seed is fine, so you can share with others)...I have allium senescens already, i think...sarah

somewhere, PA

Todd - I have the allium senescens and a flat of daphne's I'm trying to
germinate (mezereum too). But if you'd select any of the others to share
with me, I'd be just delighted to start them and send you pic's of your
babies next year ;-)

Tam

Musquodoboit Harbour, NS(Zone 6b)

Thanks Todd, I received the seeds on Thursday.
Is there a good site you know of that talks about propogating alpines?
Carla

somewhere, PA

Carla,

I'll look forward to seeing Todd's recommendation! I really like the
ORGS site so you could try this one too:

http://www.onrockgarden.com/guide/seedguide.htm

Tam

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Carla, Tammy hit the nail on the head....the ORGS is one of the best sites for info on seed germination of alpines. I refer to it all the time.

I planted the Daphne yesterday, where it's feet will be shaded, but shrub will get lots of light. I'll check out the ORGS site today.
Thanks you two.
Carla

In my zeal to plant the Daphne seeds, I didn't scarify them or do any of that stuff the ORGS site suggested (read site after planting them). Any guess on the odds of them doing there thing? At least I marked them well where I planted them outside so I will wait and watch.

I'm going to the ORGS site now to read about the other seeds.
C

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

You don't need to scarify Daphne...my seeds just fall to the ground and sprout the next spring no problem.

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Todd Do you have anything left?? I am just starting a large rock garden area(after a sewer project went thru) Would appreciate any or please check my list and see if I have anything you would use in return. Thanks Shirley

somewhere, PA

I'm proud to say the Incarvillea mairei ssp. grandiflora just germinated.
I've got 4 little seedlings so far.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Excellent Tammy! I've already started some seeds I collected in Colorado this fall. They are growing nicely under florescent lighting until the days get longer.

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

All gone or left few?
Kaleem

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

All gone Kaleem...sorry.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.