Help with a Sago

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

I'm stumped and never had a problem with Sagos before but I have one in the front yard that the leaves are turning yellow. It seems healthy otherwise and is putting out new fronds, but after a week or so they start having a yellow streak down the center. Any advice on what I can do.

Thanks so much.

Judy

(Maggie) Jacksonvill, FL(Zone 9a)

Juja,

Does this help?

http://duval.ifas.ufl.edu/Agriculture/Monthly%20Topics/Plant%20of%20the%20month/May2001/May2001SagoPalm.htm

Maggie

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

It's not frizzled nor does it have sooty mold. I transplanted a few months ago and my yard is sand and clay with no nutrients - I fertilized, but maybe I need to do more because it was a green healthy plant in a pot. I'll try fertilizing and see if that helps.

Thanks for the link.

Judy

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

There is something that you can put on palms that will turn them green. I can not remember the name. Ask at a ace hardware.

Casselberry, FL(Zone 9b)

Whenever I notice my sago turning a little yellow, I put Epson Salts on it. I have Manganese Powder as well, but that I last used about 3 years ago. I know that is supposed to be used on palms/cycads as well. After the Epson Salts - which are sold really cheap in any pharmacy, they greened right up!

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

Xomed - We just have a small Ace hardware in town and they only handle and can answer questions about vegetables. They were wanting to sell me Ironite.

Ana - thanks for the tip about Epson Salts - I usually use that in the spring when everything is just starting to bud out - I'll add some and see if that helps.

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

I echo the Epsom salt suggestion. You might also send a D-mail to Palmbob: I know of no one who knows more about palms and cycads than he.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.