Morning Glorys 2005 #18

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

This one is for you Dee. . .

'Mauve-Rose and Cream Tie Dye' [From Blue Henka Type]
A soft pretty Morning Glory

This grew back 'TRUE' from my 2004 Seeds
that came from my 2003 'Blue Henka Type'
that I got MANY different variations and colors and patterns from.

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

OMG Emma that is just beautiful...........you bet I want some seed of that one.....
Thanks so much for the photo......I just love it......

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Emma, that is one pretty morning glory. Of course, you grow oodles of pretty ones. lol

Thanks Sylvia

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Haven't posted in a couple days, but been reading and drooling. Emma, the first one on this thread is unbelievable!! Love it girl :)

Everyone else, they just keep getting better :) I want to beg so many of you for seeds, but I"m finally getting some seeds to trade :) I am so excited LOL

I've got more than a couple pics, but will try not to flood the thread too bad :)

This first one bloomed on the 6th, its the first bloom on my Fuji No Sora. Got another 1 or 2 gonna bloom tomorrow ghopefully they won't be so muddled looking

Hugs to all,
Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

another of the blue JMG's that jst started to bloom. Its a true sky blue, white throat with a pale pink halo.

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

This one is for you Emma :) I probably got 20 seeds of this one from my mom's vine tonight, and and gonna go snag more. She didn't even notice them ripening (sob sob)

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

QueenB's feathered purple.

Stacey, I haven't really noticed a color difference at all..... mine have all been purple, with a touch of lighter purple on the edges. Nothing even close to pinkish yet :(

I'll definately save you some shibouri, and what every else you want, please just LMK

Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

This one really caught my attention... if you look, the spots on this are 2 different colors..... I'd like a whole vine of these :)

Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Another strange one, this one is from today.... I think its tryingto revent back to the parent plant? Ron, please tell me if I"m wrong, but is what I thought

Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Ok, here is my pride and joy from today...... I must have taken 20 pics of this one LOL Its either Rose Silk or Chocolate. Ne idea which I planted both. The leaves are varigated, I can't wait til I get one that isn't all ripped

Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

One more after this one. I love this color

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

And a purple flaked

Hope to talk to you all soon

Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens

Hi Janis,
Beauties, as always.
This one looks like Early Call Blue to me.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=1746488

I just LOVE your Hot Pink I. purpurea,
and I'm looking forward to growing it next year.
Now, if I could just beg Ron for some of his AWESOME 'Blue' I. purpurea seeds [hint, hint]
These two would look striking side by side.

Your Milky Way is unbelievable. Is this the first one that has bloomed this way?

The 'Blue-Flaked' is the Winner
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=1746497
What a beauty that is - and the shimmer is amazing.
I just set this one as wallpaper, and you should see is shine.
Very Nice!
Your camera takes incredible photos, Janis.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Who is this little blue MG? This one has darker color than blue early call. The leaves at first were heart shape, but then changed to tri-lobe.

~Eliza~

Thumbnail by kateliza_id
Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Isn't it beautiful?

Thumbnail by kateliza_id
Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Janis,

I love the chocolate color one. I too set that one as wall paper.

~Eliza~

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks so much Emma and Eliza :)

The camera I got for Christmas from Jeff..... he knew it would make my day. Its not an expensive on either. Its a Fuji Fine Pix. I'm pretty sure he paid less than $200 for it, which was alot at the time, but I know the prices go way up there.

Emma, if you send me your screen resolution, I"ll cut the pic down to that size and send you so the copyright isn't across the top. Eliza, same for you, just DMail me the screen size and your email address :)

Thanks for the ID on the Blue.

At mom's yesterday I got probably 200 of these seeds, if anyone is interested.

Thumbnail by Woofens
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Janis -

I'd love to have some of those seeds! What are they called? Do you want a trade or SASE?

Let me know!

Nichole

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

No idea on a name Nichole..... I'd love to know it too )

I'll dmail you

Janis

Wichita, KS

A beauty that greeted me this morning, Thanks Gail :-)

Thumbnail by nut4spuds
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

That is awesome!!

Janis

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Janis thos are just beautiful.The pink came up last year in a patch of Arlenes (TwinLakeChef) and we trying to id it then.. I think what we came up with is "Pink Star".....that was the closes we could find.........Have you harvested any seed from it yet? And if so are the seed white?

Nut4Spuds beautiful "Blue Silk".............one of the best we have....

Janis,
I may have this MG, but not sure it is the same.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=1746806
Oh course, I'd like some of your seeds. Thanks

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Janis this is one from seed of Arlenes last year....I think yours and Emmas are showing more Pink....

I planted these the early part of July and I just threw about half a dozen seed in the pot. I didn't even cover them with anything and they all sprouted and are vining and this is the first blooms from last week...

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

And I wanted to add I would love to have some of the seed as well. Just not right now I will be tied up for awhile......LOL.but if you need my addy it is on the Address Exchange, can I send you something in return?

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

These seeds are black. I have plenty and will have more, so I'll just start bagging them up. I have them out drying now, on top of my fridge so the cat and kids can't get to them. I want to go back to mom's and get more but I'm geting bronchitis :( Every dang year.

I'll send you some seeds WW when things calm down. I'll let you surprise me what you send in return :)

I'll start sending these seeds out Monday

Got some blooms today but haven't resized them yet

Talk soon,
Hugs,
Janis

Leander, TX(Zone 8b)

Great pictures everyone!!!!!

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Woofens, please, I would love to have some seeds. LMK where to send SASBE.

Thank you so much,

Eliza

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

It is a good Idea to send a SASBE..........if you don't the seed can easily be crushed. Also a lady that sells lots of seed.........or did.........said tell the post office they are seed and to hand cancel or some Post Offices will run them through an e-ray machine and she felt that may be the reason so many of our seed didn't germinate.........Hummmm.......
Just thought I would pass it along.....

Good Point, Dee....
I don't even indicate on my envelopes any more that seeds are enclosed.
#1 - I usually personally take them to the PO, and
#2 - I know for a fact that 'my' PO only hand cancels the thicker envelopes.
Reason I know is one lady told me I was wasting my time writing that 'Seeds Are Enclosed - Please Hand Cancel'. However not everyone needs to take that for granted and SHOULD put this information on their envelopes.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

What's up with the coloring on this one? About half the blooms look like this.

Thumbnail by Moby
Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Janis...regarding your Chocolate and Rose Silk. Rose Silk has the variegated leaves, Chocolate has solid colored leaves. Hope this helps!

Sandy

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Anyone know what Tancho looks like? (I've misplaced my seed packets) I'm so mad at myself for missing the first 2 blooms yesterday and they looked like they were white with a rose throat.

Then this morning I found this on another vine. It was a little windy so I don't know if that's why it was torn or if it had trouble opening.

Thumbnail by Moby

Moby,
Your blooms are incredible.
I would LOVE to have a couple or seeds of your very unusual Mt. Fuji. Maybe Ron, or someone else can tell us why you are getting this kind of color variation. STUNNING!

Emma

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

My address is in the exchange, I think 49 cents postage should be enough.

Moby those blooms are so cool!!!! My Fuji NO Sora bloomed again yesterday but the blooms are still call muddled, no real spokes, and the colors kind of run together

Janis

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Gave to me as 'Wedding bells' I don't think it is!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Still don't know what this is but I love it!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Happily together!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Rosie Sun Smile

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.