propagating eucalyptus

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

has anyone have any luck rooting eucalyptus from cuttings i have tried it several ways and no luck at all please help thxs
moretz

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Do you use willow water to put the cuttings in?

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Hi Moretz,

Eucalyptus rarely root and are typically done by seed. I read somewhere you can use "stooling" or mounding up the soil above soil line and cut back plant to promote basal shoots with roots. I checked my propagation books and none of them list Eucalyptus cuttings. Just do seed and you'll have much more success. I sell Canadian collected seed www.discoverplants.com. There's also a nursery in eastern US that sells seed and plants.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

growin
i would love to have
Eucalyptus neglecta (Omeo Gum)
Eucalyptus niphophila pendula (Weeping Alpine Snow Gum)
how can i get some can we trade or will it be better to buy and do you send them to usa? plmk
thxs and do you know the name of the company that sales them over here? plmk and thxs again
moretz

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Hi Moretz,

The nursery is Windmill Outback Nursery www.australiaplants.com in Louisa, VA. Mike will give you the best advice on which Eucalyptus will do well in your area and the East Coast. I have no problems sending you seed but I had a thought. I'm sure there's one of our fellow Dave's Garden members who needs a hand right now so I'd be game if you'd send a bit of money their way and I'll send you some seed. That way you get seed, I feel like I'm helping out despite being broke and it's helping somebody out who's living through a nightmare. How'z that sound? Mike

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

dmailed you

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.