bumps on my grape leaves..

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

in doing a new roof top garden for a friend we rescued an abandoned grape vine from a planter on the next roof space... gave it new soil and gave it water ... The grape took off with responce to the care ... but now on the leaves there are bumps... places all over many of the leaves a blister looking bump on the top of the leaf.. and on the reverse a domed area and filled with like a white fuzzyness that can't really be scraped off... is this insect or a fungal item.... I think it's a white grape.. OH .. and what should I do to rid myself of it... Thanks Gordon

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

here's the reverse of the leaf ...

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

is this a better picture of it... what kind of a thing is this ... thanks for viewing... Gordon

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Gordon, looks like a fungal problem. Contact your local Cornell Cooperative Extension Office. To find it use this link:

http://www.cce.cornell.edu/

I don't know if it would be easy for you to take them a sample of the leaves. Since New York has an extensive grape industry, they would be the experts or have access to them. There are quite a number of fungal problems in grapes and they would be the ones to tell you which are more common in your area. You might also want to go over your watering practices with them. If fungal spores are present, water splashed on the leaves will help spread the disease especially if the leaves don't have time to dry out before the sun sets.

Veronica

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.