What's this?

Franklin Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Is there anyone who can look at this and tell me what this plant is. I feel sure it's some type of lilly but I can't find anthing on it. thanks for your help. sr

Thumbnail by teateacher
Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

reminds me of a ginger plant, but I haven't been able to locate a picture to verify....

Thank you. I've been looking for a couple of weeks and can't find anything that would tell me. I'll follow the ginger lead too. thanks again, sr

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Welcome to DG, teateacher.

Have you tried the ID forum? They're usually PDQ! I posted one this summer and had an answer in 12 minutes. :)

Fruitport, MI(Zone 5a)

teateacher, I believe that you have a curcuma. Here's a site with different varieties. I think that it's actually "Thia Supreme" K van Bourgondien & Son offers it in their spring catalog. They only have the fall catalog available on their website so I couldn't get a picture with an ID for you.
http://www.gingerwoodnursery.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=curcuma

This message was edited Sep 5, 2005 12:57 PM

Thank you ALL for the info. I will go to the ID forum too. I am still wandering through all the DG threads and am SSOOOO impressed with the members and how helpful everyone is. thanks again!

Kathyvm, thank you for the link. I FOUND IT! The plant is a Curcuma and is a new hybrid from Thailand called Laddawan, with patent pending and according to the link, it is 'very rare' in the US. WOW! Thanks again for the info. The most important thing I'm learning on DG is that I'm buying plants that I love but ones that won't adapt to our new environment as outdoor plants. I've lived my entire life in central Florida and now that we're moving to north GA (zone 7) it will be necessary to rethink my flowers. I don't do houseplants well! sr

Thumbnail by teateacher

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.