Ornamental Grasses

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

wild weed circle of goldenrod with white boneset in the middle of the lawn

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

jackieshar, I love the wildflowers at this time of year to. My 1/3 mile driveway into the woods is sunny and open for utilities, and is having its hurrah now. Asters, Eupatoriums, Solidagos of many species, various sunflowers, blue and red lobelias, and jewel weed are a blaze of color now. I've been thinking of walking down the drive and getting some pics. Thanks for sharing.

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

sometimes...it's just the best part

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

What Hakone grass is most happy with is water. It really doesn't like drying out which may be why your shady patch is larger than your sunny patch. I can grow mine in full sun here in zone 9 and half shade or bright indirect light. It hasn't been too happy in full deep shade though.

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

Planted some Purple Fountain grass this spring. It was awesome all summer, but died off in the fall, I think because the area it was in didn't get good enough drainage.

I just bought some White Pampas plants. They're young, haven't bloomed yet. I'll probably keep them in my greenhouse 'till spring. Check out some pics, though - they look great.

The picture shows the Purple Fountain Grass. There are palms in front and back, and variegated gingers way in front.

This message was edited Oct 1, 2005 1:32 PM

Thumbnail by skaz421

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.