good luck to all with Katrina

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i hope this one wont be too bad, doesnt look to be so far, but wind and rain. everybody stay safe, even the small ones are bad news to pets/plants and frayed nerves. debi

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

OOPS, they've named it now?

Looks like we'll be the first to get to know her.

Molly

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, I'm going to start dragging the taller plants up close to the house and putting the "blowables" away. But my Cannas are coming into the house!!! Taking no chances with my new babies. What a nut-case I am....sitting here with a Blue Roof and worring about my plants! LOL
Pati

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Pati!!!! you still have a blue roof?????

I am so sorry to hear that.

:^((((

Yes, I still have it now, but if this thing blows really hard my neighbors in the next block may have it! LOL

BTW, our new Florida Gardening member is greenink and she lives in Hope Town, Abaco so she'll get first strike.
Pati

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

o, i had almost forgotten, kitty is it? the abacos have certainly had their share these last couple of years! debi

Indiantown, FL

We are getting a little rain on and off. I am going to lay my potted plants on their side, I did this last year and even with 100 mile an hour winds they came thru ok. I have to go out now and move my potted plants off the benches in my shade house. My ducks mess with some of them so I have to be careful what I put on the ground. They seem to love begonia's I didn't think and put some of them on the ground and came outside to find them leafless the next morning.

LOL Connie, looks like you're going to have more duck damage than hurricane damage!
Pati

Hope Town Abaco, Bahamas(Zone 11)

I'm thinking of all of you. We've had rain--which we badly need--and some wind, but not too much. It has been below 80 since yesterday...overcast all day. I put pots of plants "inside" a thick tree of sea grapes that bend down to the ground...this am they looked happy--had some rain, but not too much. We are happy to have full cisterns...so we can water plants, and shower ourselves (in that order!) Take care of yourselves!! Be safe.
Thankful in Abaco,
Kitty

Good morning Kitty. So glad to hear that all is well with you. The storm took an unexpected turn here and Homestead got 14 1/2 inches of rain! A lot of damage from FT. Lauderdale south through the Keys and 4 deaths. I think the Weather people make a mistake when they tell people its a "minimal Cat 1 hurricane". Those who have never been in one don't realize how punishing winds 75 - 100 MPH are.

We always run a thread on the Weather Forum for people to keep track of the storm and each other. It's a great comfort in these storms. We usually start it when it's a tropical depression and just keep it going until it's over.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/540027/

Pati

Longboat Key, FL

pati~

What happened to Longboat Key? Much rain? We don't get location specific news.

Hi Brad, Seems like the west coast lucked out. Katrina took the unexpected jogs south and most of the rain was on the SW side, away from the upper west coast.. It's bright and sunny on your side of the state today, and since the storm's swinging even more west I don't think the peninsula will feel any effects.

We have a thread for each hurricane on the Weather Forum where we keep track of each other and where the storm is. If you need more specific information just post there, somebody will jump right in with an answer!

I can't believe you are in NJ and missed all the excitement. LOL
Pati

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/540027/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.