slugs

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

This feller probably isn't the one devouring my brugmansias,those guys, at least the ones I've seen, are quite small.
Don't know why he let himself be seen before dusk,probably a 'senior moment'.He is now impaled and residing in the
ashes of the burn pile.Looks like time to put out the iron slug bait.

Thumbnail by balvenie
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

As a means of scale,here's the foot that was glad not to have stepped on it.
(please excuse the lack of a pedicure)

Thumbnail by balvenie
Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

That just makes me sick to think a slug can get that big! Not sure what I did right this year but the sluggs did much less damage this year. Hope I NEVER see one like your picture.

Eureka, CA

I wonder if those in the Pacific Northwest are the only ones who get such a treat!! Between these buggers and the banana slugs.... I think the BS are the worst. This time of year, if it's even a bit misty (because we're on the coast), the banana slugs are out by the millions. My veggie garden this year has been hit really hard. When I have time... well, I won't tell you what I do with them. :o) Just consider them "gone" when I do get out there!!

Sanna

Sultan, WA(Zone 8a)

GA! This year hasn't been too bad for slugs though. When I saw my first "ADULT" Banana slug I screamed.

Does iron slug bait work?

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

renwings, the iron bait seems to be effective,and it is supposed to be animal safe.

Sultan, WA(Zone 8a)

How long does it last in the rain?

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Not sure how long it holds up in the rain.Could possibly put a cover over it to keep it dry.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.