Rooting Sensitive Plant?

Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

I have a sensitive plant, and it's growing kinda tall for how I want it to look in the pot (houseplant here)......and I read on the plant profile that it can be propagated by stem cuttings.....has anyone had experience rooting this plant? I was thinking of cutting the tall growth, rooting it, and planting it in the same pot to make the plant fuller. Thoughts? Jenny

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1873/index.html

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Jenny,

I am so glad I got here for this. My SIL claims in Palau, the mimosa is a weed and why am I growing it. heehee. I would think you would not have problem taking a cut of the firmer brown stem, put it in potting soil that contains rooting hormone. Just water. I'll bet it would take off.

But then again, you have blooms yet? When it finishes blooming you'll see lots of little seeds on the stems. Plant them. They will grow.

Molly
:^)))

Capistrano Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

is anyone familiar with the difference between mimosa strigillosa (the one you have) and mimosa pudica (the one i have) ?

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Naien,

So far as I can tell, yours is an annual and ours is more on the perennial side.

In pictures I've seen, they look the same to me.

Molly
:^)))

Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

HI Molly. Mine hasn't bloomed yet. I will look for seeds. :o) In the meantime, I did take one small cutting just to try. It looks decent. At least it hasn't died or wilted. LOL

Jenny

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.