southern living garden book

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i saw this book at lowes (30 something dollars) but i looked on amazon and got a used one for like 10 including shipping. its really a worthwhile book for florida. ive already learned alot and of course added a bunch more plants to my wish list and my (o,wow, i can grow that here) list. debi

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

I think this is the one I just bought (12.95) and it is well worth the price. Lots of plants information. Would have liked to see more landscaping ideas.
Jan...

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

yes jan, the more i read it the more i learn and its now the first one i reach for. its nice and fat, and tons of plants! debi

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I think this may be one of the ones that ButterflyChaser is offering. Thought I'd mention it in case you have a friend who could use it. All it takes is an email to her BUT she's in the hospital now with kidney stones. Should be out tomorrow and back in for an operation later in the week.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

thanks pirl (i forgot to watch this thread). i will tell fireant. she may be wanting one. debi

(Zone 9a)

I hope Butterfly Chaser is doing better. I am interested in her book. I am at work and gotta go now, but let her know.
Thank you,
Nancy

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

Just bought the Southern Living book, and it's wonderful! More information, by far, than I've seen in any other book.

Lowe's has a companion to it, Southern Living Landscaping Book (or something close to that). Same colored cover-they look almost identical. It was $25 and change.

Steve

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks,
I'll look for that one. I certainly need ideas.

Franklin Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

I got the Southern Living book from Amazon.com about a month ago. Don't remember the exact price, but much less than $30. tt

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

there is a SL companion called Problem Solver-don't we all need that one!!! LOL debi

Sunset Beach, NC(Zone 8a)

I've used the Southern Living book for years! Actually, the one in print now has been out about 3 years. Even if you see the older edition, go ahead and get it as it's really about the same -- some say better. My local nursery says it's the main book they use. Also, when I was in NC/SC it was the only book I used.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

thanks BDunn, i agree. i love this book!!! it's at my feet as i type this. that and the dictionary LOL.debi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.