My First Passionflower Blossom

Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 5b)

Here she is, P. incense. I wish you could smell her too...

Lindsey :)

Thumbnail by LarryDavid
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow, that is wonderful for a first bloom. so pretty of a blue too.

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

very nice!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

What a great picture!

Thank you very much! I can't believe how sweet she smells.

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Wonderful flower. I hope you under stand about incense. In the ground it will take over the world. It is very vigorus, growing fast and sending lots of runners even a good distance from the parent plant. It does go dormant in winter returning with great energy when it is in the 80s.
Is yours potted? :-)
flicker

Thumbnail by Flicker

Thank you very much for the warning Flicker! Mine is potted and I plan to bring it in for the winter.

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

Lindsey, that is just awesome! I would do whatever I have to in order to get a cutting of that baby. PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE? I have many other passiflora's to trade or I'd buy out right...Just whatever to get ahold of that baby. I've been trying to get ahold of this 1 for several years now with no luck.
You might consider putting that 1 in the ground so it will grow faster and bigger. Then you can take cuttings to bring inside for the winter as insurance. That is what I've done with a few of them, sadly P. Incarnata is the only one I can get to survive our harsh winters. I'm going to try again this year and take more steps to try to help it survive. I know if I pulled it up and planted it on the South side of the house along the foundation, many more could live But we only have so much foundation area and we have it stocked so full to over winter so many other plants, I could see it getting lost very easily. LOL
Please keep the lovely pictures coming.

Oh BTW, I have a very odd bloom on my P. Belotti. It seems to have a 3 headed bloom, I've never seen anything quite like it. Will you all please take a look and let me have some opinions? Thanks all!
JD

Thumbnail by JLD_II

I would love to share my pf with you. I just recently pruned her back and saved some of the cuttings. I have them in a glass of water, where they have been for about a week. They are doing really well, but so far no roots. This is my experiment to see the best way to root these puppies. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Should I wait until I have the cuttings rooted to send you some?

What a fun picture of your 3 headed bloom! I think it is very pretty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.