Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: My First Passionflower Blossom, 1 by JLD_II

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JLD_II

In reply to: My First Passionflower Blossom

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My First Passionflower Blossom
JLD_II wrote:
Lindsey, that is just awesome! I would do whatever I have to in order to get a cutting of that baby. PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE? I have many other passiflora's to trade or I'd buy out right...Just whatever to get ahold of that baby. I've been trying to get ahold of this 1 for several years now with no luck.
You might consider putting that 1 in the ground so it will grow faster and bigger. Then you can take cuttings to bring inside for the winter as insurance. That is what I've done with a few of them, sadly P. Incarnata is the only one I can get to survive our harsh winters. I'm going to try again this year and take more steps to try to help it survive. I know if I pulled it up and planted it on the South side of the house along the foundation, many more could live But we only have so much foundation area and we have it stocked so full to over winter so many other plants, I could see it getting lost very easily. LOL
Please keep the lovely pictures coming.

Oh BTW, I have a very odd bloom on my P. Belotti. It seems to have a 3 headed bloom, I've never seen anything quite like it. Will you all please take a look and let me have some opinions? Thanks all!
JD