When dreams become reality....

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Me too!! :) I so enjoyed meeting you! Maybe I'll pitch some huge tents next summer and invite everyone for a huge campout. Well...if/when. LOL

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

I'll be moving 'thru you'!! We've had the same house for 35 yrs and have too much junk to relocate! A huge barn stuffed with three floors of 'can't get rid of's' - plus huge gardens that I cannot ever leave. I plan to have my ashes sprinkled on them in fact so I will be forever close to them! LOL

Good luck with the 'house' thingy - if it is meant to be it will happen. If I was closer I'd take care of the girls - I hate packing, so I'll pass on that!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

I think everyone has been watching--or lurking behind the daylilies in anticipation for you and your family! I've been watching with fingers crossed. Best of Luck for a smooth and quick real estate closing.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks. ;) You guys are great.

We have decided to leave things ride until Monday and see if they call us first. You guys better cross your fingers that no one comes in and outbids me before then.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Ohhh, CincyRU 2006 is at your place, then? I can dig it! (Probably will be forced to, too...).

Hey, y'all, thanks to DG, Chele found a buyer for their van when they outgrew it....US. Yep, we drove down there and bought it from 'em and we love it.

;) Kimberley

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Chele...I somehow missed that there was a new thread on your "dream"... So glad I did or I would have been chewing my nails & I am not even a nailbitter!!!
Waiting is so hard! I would have given the extra 1500. just not to have to wait any longer....but that is me! DH would have said it was worth the wait!
I will be waiting and watching with the rest of the gang here at DG !!! Will add my prayers too!

Margie

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Margie! Money is money. In the end, his terms or mine, is a $1500 difference, we both get a "deal" and I am still paying less than I expected. :) Thank you for the encouragement.

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

DG is like when I used to work in the grocery store-everybody would call and ask me to bring things home. When I first found DG, they thought I was nuts too. Now it's "Can you ask the gardeners. . ." and "Does your website know. . ."! Funny life, ain't it!

So, it is Monday now Badseed. Heard anything?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I saw a garden 'stone' that I almost bought the other day and still might.

It said "Friends are like family, that you get to chose.". LOL

I guess I will cave in and call. I swear they are reading this and laughing and waiting on my call. :)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We are not!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Tap..tap...tap

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

tappity tappity tap

maybe I'll repaint toenails

tappity tap tap

should go out and take a pic of my hostas, have to figure out what is scalloping the leaves

tap tap tappity

waiting

mg

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

*ahem* (clearing throat).... ???

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

It's 4:43 on MONDAY.....but I'm waiting oh-so-patiently.....

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I called and gave my final offer. I guess I am waiting for him to track down the owner again. Geesh!

lol @ GW

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

OMYGOODNESS Michele!!! Where have I been that I didn't see this thread???
Where is this place? Close to you..or not?? Waiting impatiently here...........!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Marcy! How are you? You have to go back to the link in the second post from me, at the top of this one. :) It is in Lynchburg. I think I am getting a little closer to you.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

HMMM ...well..not too sure about that!!! But good luck!!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, our bid was accepted. We have to initial the final terms which should be here in a minute, send the purchase contract off to the bank and schedule the appraisal then the inspections. Buckle up! We are off and running! LOL

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you go girl!!!!!!
WTG
I've been lurking :)

Hugs,
Janis

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yee Haw! Good for you!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Great!

Couldn't wait to get on the puter this morning to see if you'd heard anything yet.

Congratulations Chele and family. Yahoo, and we are off for a roller coaster ride now. :-)

While your waiting for all the inspections and such, go get some boxes and give some to each child, except the little ones, and have them start going through all their things. Have them pack up stuff they won't need right away and it will help alot. Moving will also help you weed out the things that you don't need anymore either....can you tell that I've done a lot of moving in my life? hehe

If you need to have any tender plants babysat over the winter, I'd be happy to have them spend some time out here with a mild winter.

Donna

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

So happy for you Chele...Your special day has finally arrived!!
WOW...the owner of a farm in the country!!!
If I don't see too much of you for awhile, I will know you are busy packing and digging!!!
What fun !!! What space!!!

Margie

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

That's fantastic Chele! I hope it all works out for you!!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

So happy for you: congratulations!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

:)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks guys! I am both excited and totally freaked out! I just hope the appraisal and inspections go well. You don't know how many sketches I have done for future plans at the new place. LOL

Believe it or not, I went and bought huge rubbermade totes on wheels a couple of weeks ago and have everyone cleaning closets and packing up heavy winter clothes. We won't need them here. I'm also about to start packing up my LARGE tropicals since it will be too late to replant them. I'll be able to leave them out in huge pots.

I also just found out my bank has some 'scratch' card kind of thing going on which will make my payments on this house half of what they are now for the next 6 months. YIPEE!

What do you think it would cost me to mail a 6' brugs, bananas and ears to CA? LOL

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Wowwee! Yippee! Congrats Chele, I knew it would happen for you.

And postage can be paid when ya let me know in addition to payment with daylily donations for the new place when you are ready. I will be dividing and potting up some special ones for you.

My day will come too! Just 4 years to go before we start looking.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Sue, do you know how much I love you??? Are you sure you can't come visit?? LOL

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Now wait just a minute Sue, just relax for a moment !!! Let's not all go moving away !!! I like you living just where you are!!! :-)))

And yes, Chele...I would like to send you some daylilies also...maybe I will wait until spring!!! As soon as you have it, please send your new address!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Now I have this picture in my mind, I have one of Sue's arms, Margie has one of Sue's arms, we are both pulling.........ROTFLOL Like I think even for a second, that Sue would move here! It is a funny pic though. LOL

You are so sweet Margie! HUGS! I think Jazzi would like it if you could come deliver/pick up as well. She still talks about you. :)

Awww you are too sweet! Ouch, no pulling!
I will come and visit again if I can, maybe bring my daughter and grandkids too.
Margie doesn't like me talking of moving away, I don't like it either but there is no way we are staying in the city where we can't afford any property and since my daughter & family will be moving to BC Canada where all my husbands relatives are (tons of cousins for the kids!), that is where we will go too. I just can't think or speak of it too much right now as they will go before we can plus I am very close to my Mom who lives here and I don't think they would move that far away from the other kids and grandkids unless we can tempt them with a nice place for them too.
Ok enough, this is Chele's thread!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hey Chele..... What do you mean you won't need winter clothes?????? The way I see on the map, you will be close to Hillsboro? Now surely you know they still get snow and cold???? They can't be more than zone 6 there...and aren't you that in Cincy????
Also...I will be glad to send you daylilies too..I have lots! And I will come and see you too! And help in any way I can!

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Congrats Michele! It's going to be really fun to follow your updates as you are planting and planning at the new place.

What are the girls saying about the move? Are the four who are really old enought to understand, all excited?

Oh one more steal away from the thread, just found this, daughter Leslie Renee and GD Natalie. She is a month older then your Maddie. :-)

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Badseed,

Congrats!!!

Way to luck out on the 1/2 payments too, see the universe wanted you to have this new farm almost as much as we did!

Now for the most important question, WHAT are you going to name your new place??? "Fertile Ground"? "Chele's Sells"? "Daylily Delights"? "MINE!!!"? LOL

Blessings to you and enjoy your new horizon.

mg

West Newfield, ME

Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS CHELE!

Lisa

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

What in the world is a 'scratch' card thing??? I want one too. Congrads on the new digs When can ya move in?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.