When dreams become reality....

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I could not take it anymore!! I called the realtor. See the next post.

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

HELLO!??

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

For those of you following my post on the cost of a dream at http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/523540/ ,there has been a small development! I couldn't take it anymore. It has been about 27 hours since we put our bid in. TWENTY SEVEN LONG HARD STRESSFUL AGONIZING, oh yeah, it's just money, hours! LOL I called the realtor to see if he had run down the owner yet. He said the owner wants to take our bid and has to talk to his bank. Apparently he owes about as much on the house as I am willing to pay, after closing costs and he has to get the okay to proceed. We did tell the realtor we would be interested in the riding mower so maybe if we buy that, it will help bail him out of debt and get us that DREAM! I really do not want to put "the screws" to the owner since he has already lost his wife in a divorce and is killing himself to work, rent and own this house and none of them are close to each other. I need everyone pulling for us and for the man selling. I am *this much* closer. :)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Sue! Calm down! LOL I promise you it is SO much worse on my end. :) Go buy all those hems you want, send them to me and I'll send you pics!! Well, it was worth a try!

LOL, I am working today (trying to anyways) and keep skipping in here and then saw this teaser thread! I cant imagine what you are going through. I know when we get ready to do the same thing in a few years, I will be a basket case, seems the older I get, the less I can handle stress. You should have seen me last night after I downloaded the latest Norton and now it wont let me access many sites OR access it to customize it. My husband had to stay out of my way as I was ready to bite his head off. Stupid computer stuff.
I am NOT buying any more hems! I will be selling and trading many soon, I need more tropicals! AHHHHHHHHHH

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Well my friend, it just so happens, I will have extra ears, bananas, brugs and all that stuff I bought the other day....save those hems for me! :)

:-)

Sure will!!!

This message was edited Aug 11, 2005 11:48 AM

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Can I say it yet Michelle????????

I'm tired of reading and not posting.

Dott

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Dott, you know something we don't?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I am still waiting on a definate answer. Sigh. Then we still have to get through the appraisal, inspection and termite inspection. THEN it will be a done deal. Yes is a good start though. LOL

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Alright then! Sounds like good things are happening here!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Just with there was a tractor in the garage too. That would sure sweeten the deal! LOL A couple of goats would even be nice. :)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I suppose you wish Eddie Albert was in there to drive it, too, Dahling?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

You have no idea how many times we have sung that song lately with the kids looking at us like we are mental!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL, I bet! In Newark, there's a church -- Church of God at God's Acres. The "God's Acres" is spelled out in a couple of places with hedges and we sing that tune every time we pass it. They have camp meeting barracks and all that. It's big center for the denomination, I guess. It's a big, round church with a, well, rounded cap up on the very top. My friend's son, never having heard what the nickname is for it (you can guess), called it "one chest church" as they drove by one day.

Their landscaping's really nice... http://www.godsacres.org/tour.cm1.html

This message was edited Aug 11, 2005 9:00 PM

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

The other half is located about an hour away from me! LOL

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I think the architect gets the booby prize.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

LOL!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Here I sit, still waiting. LOL I have so much to do and I know I am going to kick myself for not getting anything done right now but I just can't get motivated! Normally we do well under pressure so I hope that holds true.

Hubby found this satellite picture which we think is really cool. It looks so big but so little. I am sure there will be a lot of cussing when we are trying to figure out what to do with all that field without a tractor or grass eaters. Hmmm. I am going to have a lot to learn.

The property is most of the right half of the pic. You can see the tree border around it.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Michele, I see lots of gardening in your future. Maybe a nice sized vegie garden, dl hybridizing area, greenhouse. I see so much digging in your future. We have a pasture out back where we live, we only mow back so far as to keep snakes farther from the house (hopefully). When we moved in our house we didn't even own a push mower. My kiddies and their friends seen the feild as an open opportunity to play with their vehicles without getting into trouble. The pasture was flatten without a problem. You will love the country. I have been a city girl most of my life and it was a big change moving for the first time in 15 yrs. No nosey neighbors, kids can make as much noise as they like. The sky is amazing at night. No emergency vehicles with screaming by in the middle of the night.

Joan, I don't know anything more than has been written. I just didn't want to wish luck to Michele to fast. This looks like it will be happening now though so I am wishing my best that things work out. I just feel like I am one of those unlucky people and wanted to wait.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks so much Dott! I will answer your email soon. I have been trying to get things rolling here and get inventory. :)

I am trying to plan out how everything is going to fit. I know I want a huge veggie garden somewhere to the rear or side, but also can't decide if it should be close to the kitchen or if it really matters. I also cannot decide where the kids space should be and the driveway. I want to be able to get the car close to the rear door and don't want the kids area on top of the leach lines. I do know I want MY garden space mostly in front. I guess it is good that the space is so naked and there aren't many plants so I can start with a clean slate. That is also the downfall. Everything is either field or grass. I'll have to do lots to the soil. I'm also trying to decide if I need to build the beds up because it is so flat out there the ground sits wet in the spring, not floods, but stays wet. I don't want to see a bunch of crown rot. I am seriously considering nuking a long skinny area, layering on cardboard and newspaper or whatever I can find, having some good compost poured on and putting everything in a temporary bed just so we can get out of here and I'll have fall and spring to work it all out. Whew!

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm so excited for you!!! Yes, starting with a blank slate has it's good and bad points, that is what I have here. When we bought this farm 9 years ago, it was basically an old farm house sitting out in the middle of the fields. We fenced in probably 5 acres or so (from the cows) and that's what I started working with 3 years ago and I'd say I'll be working on it for years! I am glad that I have more space than I know what to do with, I'd hate to have to limit my planting due to lack of space.
Vicki

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Michele,

Deffinately consider just making an area for temp. planting. When we moved march of last year, I had everything in containers and my watering duties were more than a nightmare. We were still planting in the fall but did finally get beds dug but it took all last summer to do. Hubby was such a great sport about it. This will also give you time to decide where you get the most sun and shade.

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

Badseed, looked at your satillite photo-WOW! Looks like a wonderful place!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Realtor called today. He is waiting for me to call him back. Owner wants $1500 more on the purchase price if he has to pay closing costs. Why he didn't offer to pay less on the closing is beyond me. I asked for the max on the closing costs because I didn't think I would get all of it. :) If I keep the price the same and only want 1/2 the closing costs, we are still at the same place. I'm still thinking about it. LOL I wonder if he wants to sell worse than I want to buy? I already have the loan and there are other houses out there....

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Just my 2 cents worth.
But why should you pay his closing costs? Everyone has to pay them, both buyer and seller.
He is using this as a way to get more money out of you. I would just stick with your original deal. The amt. of $1,500 isn't worth it. You can use that money to buy a tractor/mower, etc. If he doesn't like it, just look elsewhere.
Carol

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Ummm, it is actually MY closing costs. Depending on the type of loan you get to purchase the house, you can ask for up to 6% from the seller to cover your costs. With the type of loan I have, I can ask for up to 3%. We started with the max, figuring he would balk at it either partly or in full. At this point, it is just a bargaining chip. Since I am not desperate to buy, I can afford to leave it lay for a day or two. Worse thing would be someone else outbidding me. Thank you for your input. :) I thought EVERYONE was sick of watching my saga. LOL

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Even the lurkers are still hanging on. I'm waiting from two weeks ago.

Leslie

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Stressful, huh?

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

Yep, just kinda hanging around to see the other shoe drop. :-) I'd love to have that place! We just bought this acre out in a VERY rural subdivision 4 yrs ago, trees on empty lots surrounding three sides of us, with a neighbor's pond directly across the road from us. Loads of room to plant whatever I want and NEVER have to dig it up again (or pot it up) to move. Gotta love it!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Chele, did you post pictures from inside the house?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Tapping my toes here and waiting...waiting....waiting.....

What's taking you so long to decide?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

toes a tappin' fingers a twiddlin'................tap tap tap.........(twiddle twiddle twiddle)..............

Well, dang I want you to get it for ME now........ LOL...................(((((hugs)))))

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

This is starting to sound like one of those threads posted around the time of one of Chele's due dates! LOL tippy tappy tippy tappy...

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Yup,,,I'm tapping out here in the So. West too Chele. Tap..tap tap!!

I also want you to have it for me also. I want to read and live your dream with you. :-) With the cost of land and homes out here, there is no way that I could ever have a place like that. I'm having "acre" longings also. lol

BTW, I have mentioned to all of my family about your possible dream and they all are pulling for you. They keep asking about updates. hehe

Donna

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Isn't it funny how we do that do people we know locally? You tell some story, this person is sick, this one bought a new house, this one had a tree that fell and you are elaborating and the person you tell is finally like "Who the heck are you talking about??". So you have to tell them it is a person that you have never met but have been talking to on the computer for three years and they look at you like you are nuts! Or you talk about that good friend of yours and you have no idea what they look like or can't remember what state they are in, one of the M ones. LOL

I think I am going to leave the realtor alone until later tonight then call. I won't change my bid but I can afford to come down on what I asked on closing costs. This is exactly the reason we asked for 100% on the closing costs. It left room to come down. I'd rather pay $1500 of my closing than the full $3500. Everyone wants to feel like they got a deal or saved something. :) Hmmm, wonder if they are reading this too. ROTFLOL

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Chele,

DG is my second family and all of my real family has heard many of the stories that I have read on here. They don't think I am crazy anymore, and they love the info I receive from my DG family. The latest story that I told my dad about on Wed. was Shoe's "Memory Tube" and he loved the idea. He's 85 and is from the generation of family values. He's thinking of making some of the tubes to give to his grandchildren as gifts.

So my friend, my family is with you all the way. :-)

Donna

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

I am up on the ceiling fan going round and round and i wont come down till i know you got it ?

Thumbnail by tazzy
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Y'all are going to force me to break down and call first, aren't you? LOL

Donna, I feel the same about my many friends here. :)

San Jose, CA

I'm pulling for you too Michele. If we ever have another AHS Convention in Ohio, I want to see this glorious place filled with daylilies.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.