great nursery in melbourne area

Melbourne, FL(Zone 9a)

i just returned from the VALKARIA TROPICAL GARDENS here in melbourne and simply had to post -- its an awesome place with lovely gardens and super plants-- if you are looking for the unusual this is THE PLACE-- he has tons of gingers, bromeliads, elephant ears, and bamboo-- along with lots of other plants of all kinds-

PRICES REASONABLE too-- he has black bamboo for $95 budda belly for $75 and tons of other clumping bamboo-- i so wanted the black but simply couldnt afford it with everything else i bought-- the mans name is Clay and he is charming and very knowledgeable --
they are open the first two weekends of the month from 9-430 but also take appts for other days--

he has five acres of plants and gardens --the staghorn fern he has is worth the trip - they are HUGE- i have never seen anything so big-- not for sale but amazing specimens-- i did get a very nice one for $25

phone number is 321 768 1697
directions -- its just south of melbourne-- take I95 to to MALABAR ROAD-- go east on malabar road 2.5 miles to COREY ROAD and turn right- then go 3 miles and the place is on the left-- you will cross Valkaria road--
you wont be disappointed-- the gardens are lovely too-- just be prepared to spend lots of time there-- we got there about 930 and left at 100

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Thank you for this info! I live just minutes away from this place and I never knew it was there. The prices you show are comparable to Rockledge Nursery (my favorite) which is just too far to get to sometimes. I can't wait to visit a good nursery closer to home.

Deland, FL

They are super people too, I have known them for years. Dr. Brown, the owner, has "written the book" on cordylines and crotons and an older one on aglaonemas.

Mary

Dade City, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the info. We will be visiting Sebastian this week and plan to visit Valkaria while there. I didn't know about them.
Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.