Can someone identify this?

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Nanho Blue - two bushes - I've had three years:

Thumbnail by RedMaggie

Pink Delight

Thumbnail by RedMaggie

Here is the Royal Red. Its not really red. There is supposed to be a new one, I think its called Attraction? Its supposed to be a better red, and is on my spring buying list. Meanwhile, Here is Royal:

Thumbnail by RedMaggie

Orchid Beauty, getting ready to open - first color:

Thumbnail by RedMaggie

Once it opens and fades, its a lighter color:

Thumbnail by RedMaggie

Bi-Color (not a great pic, not a lot of blooms are open right now):

Thumbnail by RedMaggie

Black Knight:

Thumbnail by RedMaggie

Harlequinn:

Thumbnail by RedMaggie

Mystery plant - I think it is a Nanho Blue seedling:

Well, it must be shy. Let's try again:

Thumbnail by RedMaggie
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Maggie, Lovely pics. That last one does look like nanho blue. OKay, I've added to my want list. Pink delight, orchid beauty and bi-color. Any chance of cuttings once it gets cooler? I can send you cuttings of white profusion and guinevere in trade. And something else? Becky.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you both for the pics! I have the Profusion White, Black Knight, and the Honeycomb. My Pink Delight died earlier this year. :( I love the leaves on the Harlequin. I've never seen those before. The first time I deadheaded my white bush this year the blooms were 12 inches long! They've not been that big since tho.

Thumbnail by konkreteblond

I would love to trade cuttings. I've never done it before, so you may have to walk me through it. I want to make sure I can get it to you without damage, too. I think all three of those are big enough to get cuttings. The Royal red, Black knight and Harlequinn are kind of small and not as healthy yet. I don't know why, but the Harlequinn is behind everything else. But definitely the Pink, Orchid and Bi-Color are healthy enough.

And boy are those BIG blooms! I haven't measured mine.... My Honeycomb is the largest bush, but has the smallest blooms. But it has a lot of them.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

KKB - those are huge blooms, my white one may have 6-8 inch. I've had it as long as the nanho and honeycomb, but moved it last year. It was in too much shade and too close to the house. Yours must be in ideal conditions. Do they have a scent? Mine doesn't have much of one.

RM - I've never done it before either, but how hard can it be. I took cuttings of mine to the GA RU in the spring, wrapped in moist paper towels in baggies. I get plants mailed to me in similar wrappings. Maybe someone who's done it can give us the scoop...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.