Anyone close to PSL doing a Butterfly Garden?

Port Saint Lucie, FL(Zone 9b)

I am the Service Unit MAnager for the Girl Scouts of Port St Lucie and the Leader of 13 Junior Girl Scouts. My girls have been working for months on raising butterfly caterpillars to later release into the community. Now we are working with that theory on increasing the local feeding supply. We are desperately seeking Butterfly plants (the girls especially love the compact types that make the garden look "Cute", and the many types of Passionflowers, of which we right now only have 1 shown below (Anyone know which one it is?)

Does anyone have anything they can share? We are planting the garden firstly in the backyard of our meeting place, secondly at the local church where the leaders have meetings at, and thirdly at Camp Hidden Hammock closer to the Ft Pierce area where many people camp.

Chris

Thumbnail by Maydreams27
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, I recall earlier threads in the Butterfly and Hummer forum.
I planted several parsley plants at the back of the garden to host butterfly larvea. I believe I have some Marsh milkweed seeds I can send. They have deep yellow and/or red and yellow blooms.
Many good Flutter nannys here at DG.
sidney

Titusville, FL(Zone 9a)

Chris,

I have several types of seed I can send you and some cuttings of other passiflora if you would like.. I can start some more as well for you all and give you a healthy selection..
email me at botanyguy@comcast.net and I can arrainge some stuff to send you..

Chris..

Come on Sidney.. give up some plants! OH my lab is almost done at the house.. I have mastered making artifical seeds, you will like this one... I'll send you some pics or post a few for everyone to see.... Sidney you a member at tree hill????

Chris

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

What's tree hill Chris? Give us a new thread on your manufactured seed, in the propagation forum would be good.
I really dont have that many butterfly attractors, and lousy luck with passiflora except the non-butterfly friendly RED! I gave it to Jeremy. LOL
I will also send parsley seeds.
sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.