What Honeysuckle am I?

Northern, IN

I ordered a Dropmore Scarlet Honeysuckle but was shipped this in error. I've decided to keep it since it looks prettier and the Hummers seem to like it. However, I'd like to know what it is.

Help please?

Thumbnail by GoldenDomer
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I cannot seem to get the picture to open,...it shows up on the post, but when I try to enlarge it, i get the "red X"...
-T

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Looks very much like what I have grown as Lonicera periclymenum 'Serotina' or 'Serotina Florida'.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2005 5:53 PM

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Real nice orderly climber too. Sure love that fence for it--it should look great there. I know this is sorta a cliche' but there are no coincidences--maybe that's just the perfect plant for that fence!
Debbie

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I have this one, too - it's 'pink lemonade'.

Northern, IN

Thanx all;

Is this link a correct one? It seems to be. http://www.paghat.com/honeysuckleserotina.html Based on what you’ve said and what I’ve read, this may be just another blessing in disguise for me as a gardener.

seedpicker_TX: If you haven’t tried it, I suggest you DL the free Mozilla Firefox browser. I used to have the type problem you described but no longer with Firefox.

Dave

Dave-
hm...weird that yours is the only one I cannot open in all the photos I've ever tried at Daves...
strange...
anyway, I cannot see your picture enlarged but, do know that lonicera hekcrotii produced not only L. heckrotii 'pink lemonade', but L. heckrotii' gold flame', also.
Gold flame is largely popular and might be another possibility. Gold flame is sterile, so does not produce seeds. This is a great feature, and one that makes it easy to identify...
-T

Northern, IN

T;

First, thanks on the info on Gold flame.

...”weird” is right. You are the first person to tell me that they were unable to open one of my stack of pictures. I recently had a post that had over 1100 views before Dave temporally turned that feature off and no one said they had a problem with a 4 high or even a 5 high stack I used. Now, I’m as curious as you are. Why don’t you scan down to those and see what happens?

It’s at http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/482546/ .

Let me know what happens, if you will..

Dave

weird, still...

Those opened right up!
Can you send me the picture of your honeysuckle in an email?
-T

Northern, IN

OK

Northern, IN

Done

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.