Bergamo

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Opened now for a couple of days, had to share, these were from the fall co-op and I do just love them!

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Beautiful, and that bloom looks huge!

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Ooooh. Pretty, pretty. I saw those in a catalog and wondered if they were as pretty in real life. Love 'em! t.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

yes the bloom IS huge! larger, much larger than my mammoth hands!! I ordered it because my husband's grandfather came from Bergamo, Italy, and I LOVE finding named things like this and like the Annabelle hydrangea after a great great grandmother :) sooo many named things for remembering relatives and friends, I know, I am looney, but hey, I have a friend-ly, family garden :)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

YOU'RE loony?? I have Lusty Little Lulu in my family garden. That would be "grandma" LOL

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL too funny!!!!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Bergamo is one of my favorite LIlies!

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

I do adore it, I think I have 4 bulbs of it and each one was spectacular! they all tried to open around same time with a beautiful show .

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

I'm in love.... this makes me homesick for New York

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Sent you an email Sandra, let me know ok???

I am sure everyone in NY misses you tooo. Glad to hear from you, did you find the Tom Pouce lily I posted, if not, check it out.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

OK--OhioB. I can't forget your Bergamo so I ordered some. Can't wait. t.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

tabasco, it sure was pretty wasn't it, I had ordered a 5 pack from bloominbulb.com during a co-op on here, 2 or 3 came up and the rest didn't, but gosh they were huge and sooo pretty, can't wait till next year again to see them, glad you ordered them!!!

Laurrie

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

This is my 2nd year growing Bergamo and wow! Planted 3 bulbs last year in spring and each had 3 or 4 blooms last year and were 2-3' tall, but this year I had 7 stalks, over 40 blooms, and they were 5'tall at least. I really like prolific ones like this-the more lilies, the better!

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

WOW thanks for that wonderful information, so this is what I have to look forward to next season!!! Thats great!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.