OFA Containers

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Oh Wow Chris! You've made my day on a very dreary cold day! How beautiful everything is! Isn't it nice to see how all your hard work has paid off? They're gorgeous!

BTW...still no catalog! :(

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Chris, Unlike someone who shall remain nameless(Brinda),I'm not Wine-ing(cheddar or velvetta) about not getting my catalog(I just requested it today)I'll be happy to Share mine with the nameless(Brinda)When I receive mine FIRST..............LOLOLOL
Pheadra

Alexandria, OH(Zone 5b)

Pheadra,
Joy is correct. The plant is Religious Rutabaga.

Joy & Brinda,
Call your local PO and complain. They're probably sitting there waiting for a slow day for your local mailman. They were mailed on March 16th. Most everyone has gotten theirs including Florida and North Carolina. Even Sweden (but that one wasn't sent Bulk)!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Teeheehee Pheadra! You're just so funny! I've been whining for almost a week and I'll really be whining if you get yours before me! LOL

Chris! My mailman hates me!!!! We're at the end of his route and almost daily he has to get out of his comfy mailtruck and treck to my frontdoor to deliver plants of some sort! I know he hates me! He never EVER smiles when I answer the door! Makes me want to smack him upside the head!!! And I think I shall if I don't get that catalog soon! ***smack!!!***

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Brinda....I need to ask a question....I would love to make these containers for my front screened in porch, but how much sun would they need to really look good...there is a lot of very strong indirect light on the porch....some east sun and some west sun...but the porch is facing south....it has been a long time since I was in the coleus stage of life...

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Oh Gail, make them! You will love them. The best part about containers is that you can move them around as you need to. 99% of my plants get full all-day hot swealtering sun. So I would imagine that your porch would be perfect for them.

The only thing is, you will notice with different coleus that they will change color depending on the amount of sun/shade they have. Just experiment with them. But a warning.....you will find that you will quickly fall in love with all the color they provide.

Stockholm, Sweden

Chris,
thanks for the eye candy. Makes me start dreaming of going to Ohio again....

Concerning photo
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3372425

Question: there's a beautiful coleus to the right in the background, on top of the pot. It's reddish and yellowish with big leaves. Which one is it?

Is it a Perilla is in the foreground? Which one?
Alice

Alexandria, OH(Zone 5b)

Alice,

The coleus is Tiger Lily. We have two very nice gentlemen who come every year from a big Japanese firm to purchase coleus for the Japanese market. Tiger Liliy is a very popular one in Japan. It is called Tiga Reeree.
The perilla is Magilla.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Yes, I found you Alice and a pretty thing you are too!

Chris, as usual you have outdone yourself again. Loved it.

Almere, Netherlands

Alice,
could you bring that catalog with you to Copenhagen? I am getting curious...

Wouter

Stockholm, Sweden

Hap:
Thank you, you're so nice, ... now my cheeks are burning with the same red color as Shocking Pink.
Therefore, as the celebrity I now am, I'll give you another photo. It shows Chris Baker and I (May 2006).
Being in coleus heaven, my face expression is sheer happiness!!! I was walking in a joyous coma the whole day....could hardly speak....totally overwhelmed. LOL

Wouter:
Sorry, it's not so exciting as it sounds ... but in this catalogue is a nice photo of husband and I at Baker's Acres, taken at the same occation as posted pic.

But if you still want to see the catalogue (it's very nice!), I'll bring it to our meeting so you can see for yourself.
Alice

Thumbnail by alice_sunn
Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Ahhh what a beaming happy plant person! Just got my catalog today and enjoyed the pictures, glad you added this larger one.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

bump

Columbus, OH

I don't know how I missed this thread! I shop at Baker's Acres fairly (okay, embarassingly) often. I'll ship for you folks who need it, I've done it before.

Chris, I'm the Episcia lady :)

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Celene,
What does he have on sale right now?
I was there for plants 2 years ago and need a Baker's Fix.
Sidney

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

EXCUSE ME......SUGARWEED?????

ARE YOU REALLY HERE?

Hap

Stockholm, Sweden

I'm here also :))

let's dance
Alice

He,he,he, it's me, it's me!

Columbus, OH

Sugarweed, almost everything is on sale now.

I'll make a list and see what you can do.
I have mailed over 400 of his babies to friends myself.
Always from a Motel room.
He usually has grown-out plants about now.

Huber Heights , OH(Zone 5b)

We was just there last week, picked up a couple that we didn't have, we love going to Baker's.

Actually I recon the 300 I have already will do.
I'll come out next year and maybe we can visit Chris' together.
Thanks,
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.