scheherazade

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

these are staked and are still falling over....but finally blooming and very very tall.

Thumbnail by levilyla
High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

WOW!!!

Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Those are so beautiful - they have to be that tall or else you wouldn't be able to see that beautiful flower!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Holey buckets! They're beautiful! How long have you had them?

Pikeville, TN(Zone 6b)

gorgeous

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Those are awesome! How tall are they? How do you stake them so they stay up, the get so heavy after they bloom! Here is a picture of my first Tiger Lily...it is a plant that belonged to my best friend's mother and we had no idea what it would be...can I plant the black seed looking thing that are going up the stalk? Some of them already have roots..will they produce the same plant?

Thumbnail by JanetS
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yep.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Great! Thanks, Moby!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

My DH put a large tree stake behind them and it is actualy still not tall enough. I guess they are about 8 feet or so. I don't have a tiger and everytime I plant one they look spindly and small and then dissappear. Yours is gorgeous.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I am planting the bubils (?) from this one and hopefully I will have some more of this beauty. If they take I will be happy to share with you.
Janet

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow--those are 'stupendous', lev, what kind of fertilizer do you use on them?! t.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

And how long have you had the bulbs?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I don't really fertilize them (maybe some flower tone in the spring)..and they have been in the ground probably 10 years or so. They have been quite tall for years however..it did not take them long to get big..I think they just like where they are because I have alot of other lillies that I have had for years and they don't do this well. It may be just the type.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lily Garden lists ‘Scheherazade’ as 3 - 6 ft. for the first year and "easily 8 ft. when established". So it's naturally a tall one. Yours look like they're very happy.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

This is heartbreaking stake not tall enough for a storm.

Thumbnail by levilyla
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

NOOOOOO!!!!! I think I'm going to go cry and they aren't even mine!

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh, lev, so sad to see that! Is there any way to save them? t.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

That's a shame! Hope you are able to get them back up without loosing all of the stalks! Maybe some will not be broken.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That is so sad! Hope you can use some of them as cut flowers. Better get a long piece of rebar for next year. Or maybe 4 pieces as big as that clump is. It really was beautiful!

Susan

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

If you have any TJ Maxx stores near you they sell really tall vases and could accomodate some of your stems.

So very sorry!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.