Tulip Tree inspirational site :))

Chatham-Kent, ON(Zone 6a)

Ooops , sorry I deleted it and I cannot find the site .... more soon ...

This message was edited Tuesday, Jan 8th 8:57 PM

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Hey Chooch,
I love this tree! I have 2 Tulip Tree saplings newly planted in my back property. There are mature specimens around the road from me that must have a straightway to heaven..they are sooooooooo tall! I think I need binoculars to see the flowers, though..lol. The leaves are inspiration enough!
Trish

Excellent , Dicentra !!!!! I see that you MUST love the Dicentra genus ?? ? ...so have you tried Dicentra Scandens AKA the Himalayan climbing yellow bleeding heart yet ??? I know that it will thrive in your area for sure .

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Chooch: I have one that just might bloom for the first time this year. I believe they have to be about seven years old before they bloom. I have been patiently waiting for the blooms. It has been a very hardy tree, here in zone 5. A rapid grower once established. Love the leaves, they are so big and different. Give them plenty of room, they are not for city lots. Debby

Excellent stuff , Debby :) Tulip Tree is a native in our area woodlots ....now to get the Paw Paw re-established :) Rock On!! :)

Saint Helen, MI(Zone 5a)

Dennis,
Do you know of anybody with Paw Paw in zone 4? Or even a colder area of zone 5? It is native about 140 miles south of me but I have never seen it in northern areas of zone 5.

The tulip poplar is the state tree of Tennessee, and w/ good reason. We've got tons and tons of them growing.

Just today I climbed up a 50 footer to cut down the wild grape vines that had taken over the poor guy. I also like tulip poplars a lot, even though they are extremely abundant around here.

The tulip poplar is the state tree of Tennessee, and w/ good reason. We've got tons and tons of them growing.

Just today I climbed up a 50 footer to cut down the wild grape vines that had taken over the poor guy. I also like tulip poplars a lot, even though they are extremely abundant around here.

I love your tree stories , Dave :)) ...always lots of work to do on the farm . If you really like Liriodendron ,there are quite a few different species to collect..... L. Aureomarginatum or L. chinense are 2 that come to mind .
As Tiny Tim would say " Tiptoe thru the Tulips with me ;))) " ...Where the heck is Miss Vicky ???;))

somewhere on a littl, NJ(Zone 6a)

I love tulip trees. There's a magnificent specimen near us that I finally took a picture of. Unfortunately, they're ultimately too large for our acre =o(

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I am going to be the proud owner of many tulip trees. Moving into new house end of May - thank goodness the bulldozer left these precious trees intact. I just love them.

Hampton, GA(Zone 7b)

I love the flowers of this tree too. But I also like the way the leaves sound when the breeze blows.......sounds like gently clapping hands...very calming.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I got some seeds of this from Deanne.... I will try them next spring and plant a few outside. I'm very interested of tryin these exotic species here, I already have a Katsura (Cercidiphyllum japonicum), Rose Almond (Prunus triloba), and Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) outside. I have also 2 very beautiful fragrant Philadelphus.. Philadelphus 'Snowbelle' (fragrant big double blooms) and Philadelphus x lemonei 'Erecta' (Little bush with thick growing habit and very odorous little flowers). So I hope I have next year tulip trees and tamarisk ramosissima (from Jianhua) growing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.