A Yankee Chuckle

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

My first thought was that this should go in "Jokes and Chat" but I think it is more appropriate here.
I was wondering how many of us "Transplants" are trying to grow "Natives" LOL Hope this puts a smile on some faces
Tim & Paulette.

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Tim & Paulette,

Did you forget something?

Molly
:^)))

Homestead, FL(Zone 10b)

LOL Tim and Paulette. I think that'll make a good slogan for a line of gardening wear!

Delecie, Thanks for waking me up. I needed some clairificiation, actually a shot of caffeine.

Tim & Paulette, :^))))))) I am one of those too, been here since 1977, Orlando being my first stop into the state. I came from Michigan, the long way around. Got here by way of Texas. Hey, and I was married to a Native for about ten years. By now, when speaking to me, no one can ID my plant origins.

Molly

Gainesville, FL

I married a good New England girl so she really is a Yankee. We've got two kids now so I suppose you could say we're hybridizing.

.....Alan.

heeehee
:^)))))))))))))

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

I guess I need to clarify, I was talking about "Plants" Our young'uns are grown and stayed in the "Great White North". Say it's to hot.
Tim & Paulette.

Russell, KY(Zone 6b)

I was told upon arrival that after you've been here for 20 years you *are* a native...

And to think I bothered getting married to attain southern migration status.................:^)))))

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Been here since 1971. Graduated high school a few miles away. Been here longer than Chicago so does that make me a native now?

I'd say if you went to school here, you're a native. My DS was born in Texas, but we came here when he was 4, so he's a native too.

Molly

Safety Harbor, FL(Zone 9b)

We came here in 1978 from Minnesota and my how our blood has 'thinned'!

Sue

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

I have been a Gypsy all my life, lived and or worked in all of the States, except Hawaii---

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.