the trumpets are starting to bloom

Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

Actually not sure if would be considered 'trumpets' or LAs or???
Here is a peachy one I planted 2 years ago...don't remember it flowering before this year...looks a bit like some I have seen in the catalogs....sweet fragrance that quickly overpowered my car when I drove to work with 2 blooms open....excellent in the garden though, perfuming the yard sweetly.

Thumbnail by esw
Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

Here is a solid yellow...also fragrant
Named 'Golden Splendor'
Edited to say....not sure about the name. It was packed with the name 'Golden Splendor' but the pictures in Plantfiles and on the website catalogs all say the strain has variable amounts of chocolate brown reverse [this one is solid yellow front and reverse]...which some of the others have (those have not bloomed yet)....so the jury is out.

This message was edited Jul 12, 2005 11:34 PM

Thumbnail by esw
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Could they be orienpets? Seems too early for trumpets in our zone. Although my phlox are blooming!

Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC(Zone 7b)

esw.. those are very nice Orienpets (OT) ..e.g. oriental/trumpets. Thanks for sharing. Very beautiful.

Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the clarification you guys - thanks for being patient and setting me straight. I am pretty new with lilies...and am still learning which are which! Some of the others I know are orienpets don't look this far along at all! Go figure.

Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

Here is one from the Lily Garden...supposed to be 'Ice Caves' but it doesn't have the icy green throat...

Thumbnail by esw
Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

Amythest temple...

Thumbnail by esw
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oh...that's so cool. I'm bummed cuz my Midnight wasn't up to blooming yet this year.

Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

too bad, that is from LIly Garden right? Deep dark purple...next year it should be beautiful!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yep, that's the one.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

esw
this is my Golden Splendour tumpet lily. I didn't notice any brown on her.

Thumbnail by Starzz
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

This is my Golden Splendor T. taken this morning, 7-24-05.

Maxine

Thumbnail by Maxine
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Everyone's Lilies are sooo beautiful! Take care when smelling those fragrant blooms.....orange dusted noses!

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Yep!..orange nose often LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.