Pics of Plants & Wildlife In My Yard from 5/14/04 to present

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9b)

After living in Florida for 40 years (all in Sarasota except the first 3), I retired and began going native. Up until retirement, almost every plant in my yard was an exotic. During the past two years, I have added about 25 varieties of natives to go with the Live Oaks and Cabbage Palms that I already had. I am trying to make my yard as friendly to wildlife as possible. Much of what I have done so far was accomplished with the guidance and assistance of Lisa Davis Anness of Coral Gables, whose passion was Native Plants and wildlife. She passed away April 28 after a long illness. The pictures are of plants in bloom (native and exotic), birds, anoles, butterflies, moths, katydids, walking sticks, caterpillars, snakes, dragonflies, damselflies, bees, etc., etc.. The pics were made several times per week and give a catalog of the various plants and creatures that have appeared in my garden. [There are also a few pics of plants from my neighbor's yards and the surrounding area but they are clearly identified]. There are about 1, 160 pictures all together in groups of 10. By clicking on any thumbnail, the picture can be brought up to 800 X 600 size or thereabouts. My brother has commented on a few of them (which makes that picture go to the front of the list); so they are not exactly in order. You can always see the month and day the picture was made by looking at the numbers immediately following the ID in the name. Probably the best way to look at them would be to start on page 116 and go through to the present.

http://www.myimageshack.com/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/147

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

ed, just a great gallery.
sidney

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

what a wonderful group of pictures to share. thank you so much for taking the time to bring these to us. i will be coming back to this thread for reference. thanks again. debi

Deland, FL

Excellent gallery Ed, thanks for sharing it with us.

Mary

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.