Did You Ever Do This???

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I was outside dutifully trimming the neighbors hedge that has been creeping thru my fence. It's obscuring a back row with budding lilies. You KNOW how I've complained about how MOST of my lilies were lost to bunnies & frost? THIS ONE is MY fault! Yaaaggh!

Poor Dizzy--survived all that & broken off to the ground by a mis-aimed thrown branch!

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Sad. I've lost more buds this year to my stupidity. I thought I was the only one! LOL

Buds? I took the whole darn lily! And I can't afford it with the few I have that survived this far...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

At least it was only one and you might still get a showing from it. :)

The blooms started opening in the vase this morning. Do you suppose I should take them out into the garden so they don't feel lonely?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Show us a photo when they open. At least you get to enjoy them.

Susan

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Wanda, my landlord got out his weedeater and got too close to some of mine. I don't think they will bloom in the vase but might have if it had been a week or so later.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

my silk road bloom every bud in vase after wind snaped it of ?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

My first year planting orientals, the landscapers came and before I realized what was happening, one had a weed eater, and the other was hand pulling, each and everyone I had planted. About forty in all. Needless to say I was not a happy camper!

Now you know why NO ONE weeds in my beds but me! A couple of years ago when I was incapacitated with a torn Achilles tendon, my DH happily destroyed my poppies & Blue Globe Thistle thinking they were weeds. And the beds aren't even safe from me...

Dizzy DID bloom for me! Her fragrance is floating all thru the house.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.