Pictures from The Lily Garden Coop

Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Does anyone have pictures of their lilies from the Lily Garden Coop from the fall. I don't know if it's me, but most of the lilies I got, don't look much like the pictures on the web site. The only one I can truly say looks close to it's picture is Silk Road. Midnight looks just like my Pink Perfection, Bali Hai didn't look anywhere near the picture on the web site, it was much lighter peach color.
Anyone else experiencing this?

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Several folks from that co-op received mis-labeled bulbs.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/523582/

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That would be the bloomingblub co-op. I believe mvespa means the Lily Garden co-op that was done by langbr. But thanks, darius.

mvespa ~ I'm going to have to check, I participated in a couple co-ops and I have a few wrong bulbs. "Marribelle" was clearly not right and I've already contacted Lily Garden and they've offered replacement in the fall. My Midnight lilies only grew to about 3 ft., then quit and are extremely spindly. No flowers and the foliage is sort of mottled.

Can you post pictures?

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Moby. I forgot that there was another bulb co-op last fall.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

No prob. :) And to add to my confusion, there was another private one....sigh...

Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I will try to post pictures - thanks!

Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Well, I haven't had a chance to post pictures, but I did send an e-mail to them to tell them about my problems. No one has responded and that e-mail was sent out about a week ago. Anyone else ever have a problem with them?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Not at all. I think they took about a week to get back to me, too ~ but Catherine was more than gracious when she wrote back. I did send a pic with my initial inquiry.

Edited to add: Which lilies, specifically, are you having problems with?

This message was edited Jul 18, 2005 6:21 PM

Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

That's good to know, so I will be patient and wait to see if they respond.

Midnight didn't look anything like the picture on their website, it looked more like my pink perfection. Pesaro is completely defoliated, the stem is black and looks like it is dying. Bali Hai was a pale peach color, didn't look anything like the picture on the website.
The other lilies I got look like their pictures, so I expected the same of all the others.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.