Pineapple Guava (Feijoa sellowiana) Recipe

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Hi. I've tried many different times of the year, liquid & powder hormone at different strengths, different soil, temperature, etc. My success has been minimal. Anyone have a recipe? Thanks!

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9b)

I tried starting some from cuttings, once. I was unsuccessful. But I started some from seed which was easy. Of course the ones you get from seed may not have the taste of the plant from which it came. The seeds do not produce identical plants like cuttings do. But I only wanted mine for the flowers to attract butterflies and for the birds to eat the fruit. Birds are not so picky about how it tastes. It may not set fruit this far South anyhow. I think it requires a certain number of cold hours per year which we just don't get. So there may not be fruit and blooms every year, here.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I've tried August, October & March, powder #1, #2 & #3 and liquid #1 with minimal, if any success. There are some cultivars I'd like to do cuttings of but I can't seem to get any take. thnx

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I'm still desperately looking for a recipe if there's anyone out there who has suggestions. Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.