Bring out your pinks

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

I think I've got the hang of this contest thing. This time I'm going to run it so that Kell can enter one instead of doing the work of running the contest.

With that in mind, the prize is this hand painted (not by me) Birdhouse. As you can see by the pictures it's a girlie-girl pink type of prize, so that will be the theme of the contest.

Enter pictures of your most girlie-girl pink flowers, or gardens with a mostly pink theme. Doesn't have to be Brugs, anything pink and feminine will fit the theme.

Enter through 9 PM on Monday night. After that a seperate voting thread will be opened, and it'll close at 9 PM (Pacific) on Tuesday night.

Mary

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Side view of the birdhouse

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

The other side of the birdhouse

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Opps .... I should have reduced their size. Sorry!
Mary

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Mary,
What a pretty birdhouse, it's lovely. Well, here goes my shot at it. I have no idea what this flower is, but it came from my mother and it's grown out lovely. Thank you for doing this, it's so much fun too!
Hugs
Julie

Thumbnail by BrugAddict
Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

My pink hollyhock...

Thumbnail by MzMunchken
South Easton, MA(Zone 6b)

my mother in laws stargazer lily's, i'll enter this one for her, if she wins she'll be thrilled..

Thumbnail by pradamary

my roses~~Mary~~

Thumbnail by pradamary

Julie,
That looks like either "million bells" or maybe "Supertunia." Either way, it's huge, and very pretty. Frost will kill it, but till then it'll be great. I had one that was doing well, but when I went on vacation my house sitter let it dry out and it never really recovered.
Mary

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Mary!! That's alot of help....lol...all I know is, I water it with MG and it's grown beautifully :-)

I won't have to worry about not being here to water lol...I'm pretty well home for the next 3 years until my little GD Hailey Michelle goes to K-3. :-)))) No vacation for me! I'm the only grand parent here, (lucky for me, hehehe) the other grands are out west in Corpus Christi, TX.

Hugs
And good luck to all who enter....this birdhouse is absolutely adorable Mary :-)

Julie

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

A game I can play! Thanks for doing this Mary, I always love watching these and now one I can play along with. Here's my Adenium bloom. This thread is going to be so pretty to look at in the end of this! Susanne

Thumbnail by art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

Am I allowed to post two? If not, just ignore this one :)

Thumbnail by art_n_garden
Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

We should make a quilt with all the pinks in it. Anyone talented here? Certainly not I lol...but I've seen them done with the Christmas ornament pics everyone sent in. They patched them together and had a quilt....A beautiful variety of colors :-)

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Did someone say PINK???? Be still my pink heart. LOL Mary!!

Thumbnail by Kell

Susanne, there's no limit. Post to your heart's content. We'll enjoy all of them. Besides, you just can't get enough Pink ..... right, Kell?!
Mary

Moscow, TN(Zone 7a)

All the pink flowers are awesome. Thanks for a new contest, Mary!

Thumbnail by shadowgirl
Moscow, TN(Zone 7a)

One more!

Thumbnail by shadowgirl
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I think we need to outlaw persons who just won contests because their garden is so hot. LOL

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

pictures are all beautiful... i wish i had something love the bird house.. shadowgirl thats beautiful pic.. love the desert rose isn't it art_in_garden?? holly hock is to so pretty the rose is so dainty pretty, the lotus is so yummy pretty the stargazer is to i had one that bloomed of it.. .. love them all. you all take great pictures.. it will be hard to vote..

Moscow, TN(Zone 7a)

I am a bad, bad girl. It better be hot, I spend my life out there. It's almost like a sickness. lol All the folks here are so talented there are already many that put mine to shame and I am sure many more to come. I win everytime someone likes my creativity and garden.
You know sometimes I take 50 pictures of one thing from different angles, light, views, and shutter speeds, etc. Then delete all but one or two and sometimes all of them.

Wichita, KS

Shirley Poppies

Thumbnail by nut4spuds
Wichita, KS

Peonies

Thumbnail by nut4spuds
Wichita, KS

Peonies

Thumbnail by nut4spuds
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

about some Sinningia sellovii pink tube flower. I really like that bird house. It is awesome

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

light pink to very dark pink Brugmansia Tatiana

Thumbnail by DonnaB

almost forgot my bleeding hearts, they were so long ago....

Thumbnail by pradamary
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Tatiana

Thumbnail by DonnaB

english daisy

Thumbnail by pradamary
High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Peony in my "weed bed" poor thing, it is slated to be transplanted this fall. It's original home has been taken over by salt grass, and i CAN'T get rid of it.

Thumbnail by tombaak
Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Wow...what a bunch of Pinkies!!! Gotta research and....See Ya with Photos Tamarra....

Kell...is that a Hydranga? Wow!!

Carol

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Columbine, Frog and Hosta.

Thumbnail by tombaak
High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Oops.

This message was edited Jul 8, 2005 10:37 PM

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Now this one might not win a traditional "beauty" contest, but is so cool i had to post it.

It is snow plant (Sarcodes sanguinea), one of the truly magnificent (and rare) wildflowers of the Sierra Nevada Mountain. Like a fungus, it lacks chlorophyll and is nonphotosynthetic, no leaves, no green, nothing but wow. I took this picture last weekend on a drive up to Lake Tahoe (less than 45 min, I'm so lucky).

Thumbnail by tombaak
High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

This is a picture (not touched up) of the snow plant from afar, just to show you how bright it is!

Bottom center.

This message was edited Jul 8, 2005 10:52 PM

Thumbnail by tombaak
Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

Donna ... Tatiana is gorgeous!!!

What beautiful photos everyone.

Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

Belize Breeze

Thumbnail by WaterlooLily
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Every picture here is a work of art. I've got to get the picture taking down. I have a wonderful new camera, but all my pictures are either washed out, cut off, or just plain ugly. I don't have the knack that's for sure.

Thumbnail by minigrannie
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Another hibiscus.

Thumbnail by minigrannie
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

This is Pink Confetti canna.

Thumbnail by minigrannie
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Fragile Moment hibiscus

Thumbnail by minigrannie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.