Solanum Seaforthiana

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Would like seeds for this vine. It has clusters of pale lavender flowers with yellow centers and red berries in the fall. Might also be called Blue nightshade or Matrimoney Vine. I know there are a lot of solanums but I'm really lusting after this one! Will send SASBE or trade for seeds. email me!
Thanks All!
Debbie

Here is a link to the vine:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/31445/index.html

This message was edited Jul 8, 2005 11:53 AM

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Debbie-
I have those, too! lol...include this on a jotted note in your sasbe and I'll include these, also.
-T

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Taylor--
What a gem of a friend you are! It's a kinda unusual climber and I've had it posted on that -other- garden site for ages. Finally figured I'd try the Florida one and all these forums. I had one about 7 years ago and assumed it was "hardy" and it got zapped by the cold--have never been able to find another one. Got the original from the Houston Bulb and Plant Mart (Houston Garden Club fundraiser in the fall--mostly things "dug-up" from members yards) but they've never had any since. Garden centers look at me like I'm crazy!

Sure I can't send you some plumeria seed? They are fresh from the plumeriapeople.com? I feel like such a "mooch:!
Debbie

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

mooch away, lol...
-T

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.