Hurricane Dennis

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

OK,
I'll be first to start the thread.

Has anyone used the clips they make now to hold in the plywood instead of having to drill screws in your masonry block?

I bought a package because it seems it will be easier to put up at a last moment's notice and I don't want screws left in the block year round.

Only have enough plywood to do the front of the house if needed some day but I figure it's better than nothing until I can afford more.

Since we are predicted to have high wind gusts this weekend, I will be busy tonight moving potted plants in or to more protected areas.

Jan...

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

No, I haven't used the clip, sorry. If you want weather info on Dennis, there is a thread on the Weather Forum...FYI

Hap

PS...Clips just do not sound the way to go again 150 MPH winds.....but instead of nothing...I think they would be great...

Elizabethton, TN(Zone 7a)

Since I have no plywood I won't be putting anything up at all.

let us know how the clips work if you get to test them out (yeah twisted way to put it isn't it? but you know what I mean I hope!)

I told myself since last summer that I was going to buy a sheet every month so as not to hit the money pocket all at once but it seems something else always comes up.

I tried to rush home tonite to put a new heavy duty tarp on my roof where it leaks but I got home too late. The skies opened up right after I got here. Oh well, maybe there will be a break tomorrow.

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

Ya'll stay safe down in southwest FLorida - I'm hoping that it doesn't hit Fl at all, but that is something you just deal with living here in the sunshine state :-)

Take care and stay safe.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Come join us over here on the weather forum. This storm is going to hit LA., MS and LA as well as FL, so we'll all hunker down together! *grin*
Pati
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/527375/

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

Just to put some humor here, you have to hear this. My younger sister decided to stay here instead of evacuated. She has two brick houses, neither had damage during Ivan. The one she lives in is a two story house on a big hill, she has a generator she got after Ivan. I just got central heat & air, before I just had window units. She just called & wanted to know if I still had the units, yes I do. Are they still in the windows, yes. Well, she wants to use one so she can have air after Dennis.
I have no generator, so she figures I have no use for them. I had to laugh, after a few choice words.

Still have some humor left,
Robin

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Yes, I agree with Pati, hurricanes encompass more than Fla. She has had a Hurricane Dennis thread going since it's beginning in Weather. We need not have a tread here and there. Let's not do Hurricanes in our state's forum. Please.
sidney

Deland, FL

With them starting so early, well, that is not a good sign. I still have the damage from Frances to fix, maybe I will just wait until the end of this season.

Mary

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.