Rooting Vigna caracalla cuttings?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Has anyone have success rooting cuttings of Vigna caracalla? (That's snail or corkscrew vine, depending on which common name you prefer, but V. caracalla is the fragrant one, and it's different from Phaseolus caracalla.) I have a couple of plants that are looking vigorous, and I know folks have been looking for them, so I'd like to try rooting some if I can find out how.

Thanks!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm not sure how to root the fragrant one, I have the non fragrant one, I just stick the cuttings in rooting hormone and moist potting soil and they root pretty easy for me. I'd love to get my hands on some of the fragrant cork screw vine. Even if their cuttings. what do you say critter, want to stick some in our scented geranium swap ? LOL let me know if youw ant to trade something for them. I can send it with the other geraniums.

kathy_ann

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

If you have the phaseolus, they root easily from cutting but I found that semi hard cuttings root better than new green cuttings. I haven't tried to root my vigna as yet as they aren't large enough and I want to try to get some seeds this year.
Jan...

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Jill,
I thought I saw another thread about this... http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/525698/ Just in case you haven't seen it yet, they only get to propagating from cuttings in the last couple days. ~ Suzi :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.