Yet another ID request ;)

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Sorry about that. I'm just getting into lilies, and a couple bloomed at my new house that I'm interested in having a name for. They just bloomed this weekend and they're fragrant at night with a scent that's similar to brugmansia in my opinion.. At any rate, I've included a couple of photos. I don't think they get quite enough light where they are but since I had no clue what they were going to be this spring I just left them there. Thanks.

Thumbnail by DarwinESF
Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Closer on the flower,

Thumbnail by DarwinESF
Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

Darwin...I'm not really good at identifying but I do believe these to be trumpets.
I have a few in my yard and they certainly are fragrant!
I did pick one stem of these about 2 weeks ago for the house before I left for work, stuck it in a vase and left it in the living room. By the time I arrived home the smell was OVERPOWERING, lol. I could not get it out of the house fast enough. Then I noticed the cats. They obviously had stuck their noses into the flowers because all of their faces were stained orange! Infact, their faces are still a faded orange.
Next year I will enjoy their smell in my garden.

It could be Lilium regale album. Try comparing that one and a few other white trumpets.

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

lol.. Great story Flam.. I'll definitely leave them be :)

I'm going to start comparing, see what I come up with :), I'll try regale first echoes.

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

I think you're right on echoes... they look very much like the Regal lilies I'm seeing in photos. They're on the short end of the height range but then again I'm not sure they're in the best spot.

Thanks again both of you, I'm definitely enjoying them a whole lot more now that I know what they are ;)

Now I just need to figure out how to close a thread...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

No need to close it. I believe that is only possible in the ID forum.

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh good... between the mysterious disappearing address exchange page and not being able to find a close option... well yeah, good to know ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.