Will the Real Lady Alice Please Stand Up?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Does anyone grow Lady Alice? I planted one last fall and the blooms do not seem to match the photos I've seen of it exactly. Mine is more solid orange and the photos seem to have white along the outer edges of the petals. Here is a photo:

http://lilies.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/8143/1

I wonder if it is just the difference in climate and soil or if mine is not really Lady Alice. Everything else seems to match except the color. Here is a photo of her back. The petals curve around and almost overlap in back.

Susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

And another one from the side.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

pictures sure can be different. in your first picture it looked like a solid peach and not like it at all. in your second picture i thought it looked a lot more like it. don't forget that when there pic was taken there could have been a lot of sun reflecting on it too. can you find other pics on the internet perhaps.
your lily friends,
debi & franklin

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Now that Lady Alice has been opened for a couple days, the edges of the flowers are turning almost white, so I think maybe this really is Lady Alice after all.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Here's photo taken at night of Lady Alice grown in central Illinois.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks jmoth! Don't think mine will ever have that much white on it, so maybe it is Henryi instead.

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.