Can you help me ID this?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I know very little about lilies, and I want to ID this one if I can. I don't know where to even start.

I bought this lily in a pot in May 2004. I gave it to my Mom for her 77th birthday which was 4 days before she passed away. I brought it home and planted it in my garden, not really expecting it to come back. But it did, and today it's blooming. I would love to identify it if possible, or at least figure out what type of lily it is? Seeing it blooming again makes me kind of sad.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Website suggestions would also be great. I can search them, but I don't know of any that have proven accurate information.

Thumbnail by Joan
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

'Aladdin's Sun'? (Asiatic)

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thanks for the help. I researched Aladdin's Sun, and it's not quite right. The lily I have is pretty peachy-orange, and Aladdin's Sun is listed as a yellow.

I do think it's an asiatic now though. Thanks for that suggestion. If I don't ever get a cultivar id, that's okay too. I can live with just knowing it's "My Mom's" Asiatic. :) It will never leave my garden, so that's good enough for me.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

It can be hard to ID lilies, and depending on where is came from (lily grower vs. local store) it could be a strain. But Lily Nook has a huge library you can peruse. Good luck. :)
http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/library/library-Asiatics-A.htm

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thanks Moby. I don't think I'll ever get it identified. It came from a local store, and they got tons of them in for Easter.

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Could it be Pixie Buff?

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Here's a photo:

Thumbnail by revclaus
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

the only peach i have is 'la reine' and it is a l.a. lily. here's a pic, but i don't think it is it. mine fades a lot, even though it is in mostly shade when it blossoms.
your lily friends,
debi & franklin

Thumbnail by debi_z
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Pixie Buff looks like it's pretty close. La reine would also be close, but it looks like it has spots on the petals? I know they must have a name, but I'm not too lily wise yet. If it has spots on the petals, the one I have does not.

Thanks for the photos! They really are helping me figure this out. So far I think the closest is Pixie Buff?

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I was going to say Pixie Buff also. I have one too, but it has finished blooming. I probably took a picture, but it is at home on the computer. If I remember when I get home, I will look and see. It will be later this evening......probably after 8:00pm

deb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.