Bamboo-can be yours!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I have several clumps of variegated, clumping bamboo that gets about 10+ feet tall. Makes great fishing poles! If anybody is willing to dig it up, it is yours!!! I am in Panama City, Fl.
Connie

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

LOL....I remember Jocelyn digging some last year. She sure was determined!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Hey Ginger! How are you and Joce doing?

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Darn. Wish I lived closer.
Jan...

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Me too!!

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

I'm tempted to take you up on that Connie... I have to see if the owner of the property next to me is going to accept the offer presented him first.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Okie dokie...you can wait til fall when it is cooler..I have lots.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Trish, I have some but it is a slow runner instead of a clumper.

Lakeland, FL

I have the Chineese bamboo it gets huge non runner tho. I also have the heavenly bamboo growing fairly well. I get the clumping bamboo so it doesn't take over the earth. Loves bamboo I do. Cork

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

corky, don't you want to come get some variegated?

Lakeland, FL

Sure, let me get me boat out and make sure no leaks haha. Ya could come to the nov. round up and bring us some. Corky

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

No rain here in weeks, I live in a mini desert! If I could dig it, I would!

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

Hey Connie...I'm doing OK. Need to call Joce and touch base. She is really hard to get ahold of lately.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have black bamboo that so far has behaved itself and stayed close to the original plant. I was able to give away a couple of the plants that came up as runners at our May roundup.

I keep trying to find time and someone else interested in going to the bamboo farm near Gainesville. I still don't know the exact location, when they are open, etc., but some friends have been down there and were very impressed with the collection and the bamboos they have for sale.

Jeremy

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Bamboo farm...wow, that sounds very interesting. I don't have room for it really but would love to visit the place. Let me know if you find out where it is.

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

JaxFlGardener.. I know that Kanapaha has a bamboo sale in the winter. I bought some of the clumping type there several years ago.. when I still lived in Green Cove Springs. You can get yourself on their mailing list and they will notifiy you of their next sale and which varieties and prices are available.

Lisa.. I don't dare get any running.. even those at a crawl.. I want to screen out the road view if I get that property. Thanks for the offer.

Weeds... I might see you in the fall then! Thanks.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

MZ...great! You don't have to wait for the fall, you can come anytime that is convenient. BTW, I use to live in Keystone Heights.....know that little burg?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.