Short, Sweet, Broward County Meet!

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Okay you two, I have been waiting for someone to post this. After Arts garden tour we all three sat outside enjoying Arts home made sweet cranberry tea, with our cameras on the table.

We took turns taking pictures of each other, sweat and all. It was hot.

Art gave us a lovely tour of his gardens, he has a very large yard by S. Florida standards and has many interesting trees and shrubs. He is very into attracting butterflies and other critters. He has a large family of curly tail lizards and you would see them frequently darting here and there.

He is also very generous in sharing his plants. Nancy and I went home with several that we didn't have to add to our gardens.

Just wanted you to know Art, our main purpose was to meet YOU and we were very glad that we did. We have a lot of members right here in our county that we want to meet and get to know. Having the New Florida Gardening Forums should help us do just that.

By the way Art, our next meeting is Thursday July 7 at Top Tropicals at 1:30 pm. Since you are retired, I know we shall see you again.

Here's our host, Art. He says he doesn't smile, but he certainly does in his eyes :^))))

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Nancy (Happy_1) and I met last January when we were planning the Okeechobee Roundup. She risked her life riding up there with Mardella and I in February. We have visited with each other and met at some local nurseries to indulge in our plant addictions.

Nancy is a lovely lady and I am very happy to know her.
Nancy, where is that thread with the address to Top Tropicals? I did write the date on my calendar the other day and the place, just not the address. Jnana is coming too, right?

Molly
:^)))

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

I have a couple I can throw into the fray. By the way, I wasn't mad in her picture of me, just sweating due to the heavy humidity.
This is Molly (MollyMc)
Art

Thumbnail by artcons

Here is Nancy Lee (Happy_1). Nancy doesn't sweat. In her former life she was a chef, used to the heat, so to speak.
Art

Thumbnail by artcons

Love to join you next week. I do need the directions to Top Tropicals. Looking forward to it.
Art

Oops, I forgot to mention how good you two make my yard look.
Art

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Theaddress IS:

11351 Orange Drive.

It's between Flamingo and Hiatus....236-5118...

Hope to see you there Art....

Hey, anyone else want to join us? It's not a secret society here.....

Hap

Thank you Nancy, I have written it down now. We need to find Jnana to meet us there too. She's not far.

Art, you are very kind, thank you for the compliment.

:^)))
Molly

Got all the info. Thanks I emailed it to myself so I won't loose it.
Art

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I mailed Jan yesterday....she has not gotten back to me...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.