Oh How I love Peruvian Lilys

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Aka Alstroemerias...Hope you enjoy..they are a lovely new perennial that I added to my Gardens this season...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

and This one!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

and I am looking for the one called "Red Furry"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

and this one

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I love that white with purple! Never seen anything like it. Did you mean Red FURY? ;)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics!
Janet

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Sorry..typo ..yes I did mean Red Fury

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

So neat !

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I love alstromerias and yours are so lovely. I tried Sweet Laura last year and the little bare root piece I recieved was pitiful. It got about 1" tall and did nothing else, but showed back up this year. I moved it to a container and it's still really small, but healthy looking at least. I chose 'Sweet Laura' because it's supposed to be hardy here and have fragrance, but I'm wondering if I'll ever get to smell it. Where do you get yours? I would love to try other varieties (from other sources) and don't mind digging them in the fall, since I'm digging plenty of tender babies at that time anyway. Do you give them special care?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Gemini..the ones I bought were at Lowes' and in huge pots and originally were priced at $19.99 but they were marked down to $5.00 and I bought 4..so they were huge to start with..I give them morning sun and evening shade and keep them moist..I have one I need to move because it's just not getting enough water...that is a downfall..I have been handwatering it more and it's perked up..but no sprinkler there and it's not happy..I haven't fertilized them yet..will wait and give them come osmocote 14-14-14 this week...since its a slow release think it will give them more incentive to bloom and still work on their roots ...Hope this has helped...Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.